Cover letter writing, no matter what approach you use, should be alive and able to sell your candidature to a hiring authority.
Your cover letter for the Payroll Clerk position should focus on the following qualifications:
- Payroll and attendance processing
- Customer focus
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Time management
Here is a payroll clerk cover letter sample that will help you in writing one to target the employer’s specific needs:
Related: Payroll Clerk Resume Sample
Sample Cover Letter for Payroll Clerk Position
744 White Street
Roswell, NM 71021
January 15, 2019
Mr. Victor Dunn
639 Pine Lodge Avenue
Roswell, NM 78745
Dear Mr. Dunn:
I am writing to apply for the Payroll Clerk position at Progrexion. My accounting and finance experience, coupled with my AS Degree in accounting makes me a perfect contender.
My employers valued my significant contributions as I assisted them in streamlining payroll systems. These endeavors have not gone wasted – as is evident from my resume (enclosed). I successfully implemented a system that calculates and posts payroll deductions automatically, by deriving data from timesheets, considerably reducing calculation time!
Some of my most relevant qualifications include:
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a time-efficient manner.
- Ability to reconcile payroll prior to transmission to ensure minimization of discrepancies.
- Special talent for calculating and applying proper taxation of employer-paid benefits.
- Exceptionally proficient in processing correct garnishment calculations and interfacing them with basic payrolls.
I am appreciative of the courtesy extended by you in reviewing this letter and the accompanying resume. I look forward to a future conversation where I can elaborate on what I have to offer to you if hired as a payroll clerk at Progrexion. Please contact me at (000) 632-5244 if you require additional information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.