Cover letter writing, no matter what approach you use, should be alive and able to sell your candidature to a hiring manager.
Your cover letter for the Payroll Clerk position should focus on the following qualifications:
- Payroll and attendance processing
- Customer focus
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Time management
Here is a payroll clerk cover letter sample that will help you in writing one to target the employer’s specific needs:
Related: Payroll Clerk Resume Sample
Sample Cover Letter for Payroll Clerk Position
April 5, 2023
Mr. Victor Dunn
639 Pine Lodge Avenue
Roswell, NM 78745
Dear Mr. Dunn:
I am writing to apply for the Payroll Clerk position at Progrexion. My accounting and finance experience, coupled with my AS Degree in accounting makes me a perfect contender.
My employers valued my significant contributions as I assisted them in streamlining payroll systems. These endeavors have not gone wasted – as is evident from my resume (enclosed). I successfully implemented a system that calculates and posts payroll deductions automatically, by deriving data from timesheets, considerably reducing calculation time!
Some of my most relevant qualifications include:
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a time-efficient manner.
- Ability to reconcile payroll prior to transmission to ensure minimization of discrepancies.
- Special talent for calculating and applying proper taxation of employer-paid benefits.
- Exceptionally proficient in processing correct garnishment calculations and interfacing them with basic payrolls.
I am appreciative of the courtesy extended by you in reviewing this letter and the accompanying resume. I look forward to a future conversation where I can elaborate on what I have to offer to you if hired as a payroll clerk at Progrexion. Please contact me at (000) 632-5244 if you require additional information.
Thank you for your time and consideration.