Payroll clerk resume writing is a complicated job that requires the presence of mind and a sense of purpose.
When you write a resume, remember that you are writing about your past accomplishments as well as your future goals. Therefore, you have to be very cautious when writing.
If you sent a badly written resume, you may not be considered. There really are no second chances here.
So make good use of your first chance and write a payroll clerk resume using the sample below:
Related: Payroll Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Payroll Clerk Position
36 N Main Street, Roswell, NM 12020
pam.porter @ email . com
• 9 years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering payroll information into predefined systems
• Competent in determining payroll liabilities and resolving discrepancies to ensure smooth functioning of the system
• Proven ability to administer payroll processing for a large number of employees while following defined procedures
• Qualified to maintain and update payroll processing and documentation to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws
• Demonstrated ability to ensure accurate preparation and balancing of payroll
• Effectively able to audit payroll functions on a regular basis to keep discrepancies at bay
• Data Analysis • Workers Compensation
• Payroll Liabilities • Statement Issuance
• Documents Verification • Records-keeping
• Deductions Posting • Commissions Calculation
• Employment Verifications • Time Clocks Management
• Rate Changes Management • Payroll Audits
PRO MACH, Roswell, NM
Dec 2015 – Present
• Identify discrepancies in the payroll system before they could have a significant effect on the reporting systems.
• Introduce and implement a commissions system which decreased calculation time by 85%.
• Collect and compile payroll data and ensure that it is complete and accurate.
• Punch in payroll information into the system using appropriate software.
• Review and verify the source of information to ensure accuracy.
• Investigate and correct discrepancies and errors and put into place systems to ensure that problems do not reoccur.
• Update payroll records by managing changes in insurance coverage and loan payments.
• Address employees’ pay-related concerns and ensure that they are resolved by keeping within the parameters of company protocols.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive payroll records and ensure that all related information is kept confidential.
HCR MANORCARE, Roswell, NM
May 2011 – Dec 2015
• Implemented a time clock management method making it easy to calculate timesheets.
• Streamlined payroll activities by placing checks at each stage, making it foolproof for external audits.
• Collected and compiled payroll information and ensured that it was properly verified from source documents.
• Assisted in processing payrolls and garnishments and provided counseling regarding payroll administration.
• Handled file maintenance and record-keeping duties and scanned and filed documents.
• Investigated payroll issues, identified discrepancies, and ensured that they were corrected immediately.
• Provided support in handling internal payroll auditing activities to ensure minimum problems during external audits.
High School Diploma
Roswell Community School, Roswell, NM – 2005
• ADP payroll system
• MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Scanning and copying
• Typing Speed: 50 WPM