Payroll clerks are hired to ensure that appropriate processing of payroll data is managed in a time-efficient manner. They ensure that employees are paid on time by dealing with deductions, bonuses, and time stamps.
THe following is a sample resume for the payroll clerk position.
Sample Resume for Payroll Clerk Position
36 N Main Street, Roswell, NM 12020
pam.porter @ email . com
• 9 years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering payroll information into predefined systems.
• Competent in determining payroll liabilities and resolving discrepancies to ensure the smooth functioning of the system.
• Proven ability to administer payroll processing for a large number of employees while following defined procedures.
• Able to maintain and update payroll processing and documentation to ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure accurate preparation and balancing of payroll.
• Effectively able to audit payroll functions on a regular basis to keep discrepancies at bay.
• Data Analysis • Workers Compensation
• Payroll Liabilities • Statement Issuance
• Documents Verification • Records-keeping
• Deductions Posting • Commissions Calculation
• Employment Verifications • Time Clocks Management
• Rate Changes Management • Payroll Audits
PRO MACH, Roswell, NM
Dec 2015 – Present
• Identify discrepancies in the payroll system before they could have a significant effect on the reporting systems.
• Introduce and implement a commission system that decreased calculation time by 85%.
• Collect and compile payroll data and ensure that it is complete and accurate.
• Punch in payroll information into the system using appropriate software.
• Review and verify the source of information to ensure accuracy.
• Investigate and correct discrepancies and errors and put into place systems to ensure that problems do not reoccur.
• Update payroll records by managing changes in insurance coverage and loan payments.
• Address employees’ pay-related concerns and ensure that they are resolved by keeping within the parameters of company protocols.
• Develop and maintain comprehensive payroll records and ensure that all related information is kept confidential.
HCR ManorCare, Roswell, NM
May 2011 – Dec 2015
• Implemented a time clock management method making it easy to calculate timesheets.
• Streamlined payroll activities by placing checks at each stage, making it foolproof for external audits.
• Collected and compiled payroll information and ensured that it was properly verified from source documents.
• Assisted in processing payrolls and garnishments and provided counseling regarding payroll administration.
• Handled file maintenance and record-keeping duties and scanned and filed documents.
• Investigated payroll issues, identified discrepancies, and ensured that they were corrected immediately.
• Provided support in handling internal payroll auditing activities to ensure minimum problems during external audits.
High School Diploma
Roswell Community School, Roswell, NM – 2005
• ADP payroll system
• MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Scanning and copying
• Typing Speed: 50 WPM
Related: Payroll Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Payroll Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
The following job description statements will help you in building the EXPERIENCE section of your resume.
- Compute employees’ earnings in accordance with the timesheets and attendance status
- Initiate payroll activities on a periodic basis
- Perform direct deposit duties or prepare and hand out checks to employees
- Ensure that the appropriate authorities sign all checks in a time-efficient manner
- Ensure factoring of time off or sick leave
- Check the statuses of employees in terms of exemption and non-exemption
- Compile employee time and production information
- Record employee transfer information
- Prepare periodic earnings reports and document nontaxable wages
- Calculate commissions and process garnishment requests
- Process pay-card payments and deposit payroll taxes
- Ensure employment verification before payroll management
- Complete time corrections and review course increment applications
- Enter tax data and audit necessary information
- Communicate salary deduction, processing, and tax information to employees
- Manage discrepancies in entered data
- Answer questions regarding payroll procedures and tax deductions
- Balance payroll runs, and enter information into the employee database
- Manage processes such as billing and invoice payments
- Review time cards for accuracy purposes
- Input data akin to a change of employee addresses and terminations and transfers
- Keep information confidential to protect payroll operations
- Calculate social security taxes and workers’ compensation payments
Payroll Clerk Skills for Resume
Here is a skills list that will help you build a great payroll clerk resume:
- First-hand experience in collecting and summarizing timekeeping information to ensure correct payroll processing activities.
- Track record of accurately calculating garnishments and commissions and efficiently posting them to payroll systems.
- Competent at handling sophisticated payroll systems and databases by following state and federal rules and regulations.
- Proficient in calculating and depositing payroll taxes and processing employment verifications to ensure accurate payroll procedures.
- Adept at maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering payroll data into predefined company systems.
- Competent in determining payroll discrepancies and taking effective measures to ensure that they are corrected before they have an adverse effect on the system.
- Able to prepare payroll reports and compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and nontaxable wages
- Effectively able to update payroll information by recording changes such as insurance coverage, loan payments, and salary increases.
- Proven ability to address employees’ pay-related concerns and queries by remaining within the confines of company protocols.
- Hands-on experience in developing, maintaining, and managing comprehensive payroll records by ensuring that both confidentiality and security of information are maintained.