A circulation clerk resume is a marketing tool that needs to be built in order to get an interview. It can effectively paint a positive factual picture of you as a possible candidate for the job.
Setting a positive tone for the interview can also be done through a resume.
Essentially, a resume is everything that you will need to influence individuals who are responsible for approving the hiring procedure.
Here is a sample for you to get a better idea.
460 Barney Dairy Road ● Rexburg, ID 44201 ● (000) 142-4141 ● jenlanc @ email . com
Professional Summary: Dedicated and helpful Circulation Clerk with over 13 years of progressive experience working in conventional and digital libraries. Highly skilled in daily handling of regular library materials and managing circulation counter functions. Qualified to explain the effective use of standard library materials such as online catalogues and electronic resources. A self-directed individual who promotes library services through effective outreach programs in accordance with library policies and procedures. Known for creating library displays in a bid to entice patrons to use library services extensively.
|• Circulation Desk Management||• Library Cards Renewal Processes|
|• Materials Organization||• Library Equipment Management|
|• Directional Support||• Database Searching|
|• Subscription Follow-up||• Process Streamlining|
|• Holds Processing||• Withdraw Processing|
|• Monetary Transactions Handling||• Damage Minimization|
• Improved circulation desk processes by streamlining library resources checkout and return procedures
• Suggested that library subscription be offered at a 20% discount, resulting in a 45% increase in leadership
• Developed and implemented library card rules, which resulted in effective management of library services for in-house patrons
• Minimized damage to paper resources by 90% suggesting that they are covered with plastic coating
Circulation Clerk | Feb 2012 – Present
Oak Public Library, Rexburg, ID
• Manage the circulation desk by ensuring that it is kept clean and accessible
• Check library materials in and out and enter each transaction record into a designated computer database
• Inspect incoming items for damage and inform patrons about any visible damage
• Issue library cards to patrons and explain rules to them in a bid to keep library services streamlined
Circulation Clerk | Jul 2007 – Feb 2012
Some Library, Rexburg, ID
• Inspected library materials for damage and recommending repairs and replacements
• Checked up on all issued books and followed-up with patrons who have not returned their borrowed materials on times
• Performed library opening and closing procedures and ascertain that all books, periodical and journals are properly cleaned and neatly displayed
• Refered or direct library users to their choice of books, periodicals or other required resources
• Assisted patrons in operating library equipment for online or electronic resources
Library Aide | May 2003 – Jul 2007
Oak Grove High School Library, Rexburg, ID
• Assisted library users in locating their choice of books and physically reaching for them in inaccessible places
• Showed patrons how to use library resources and equipment and oversaw use to ensure minimization of damage
• Checked out library resources and entered information into library database
• Ascertained that all lent books are returned on time and that any overdue books are followed up on
• Assisted in setting up and leading library outreach programs and ensured that all associated logistics were handled according to procedures
Graduate: Rexburg High School, Rexburg, ID – 2002