No two resumes that one applicant writes should be the same – even if they are going for the same position to two different places.
If you are stumped for ideas on formats, use the following one to help you:
Librarian Assistant Resume Example
700 Maywood Avenue, San Jose, CA 49902
g_martin @ email . com
Top-performing Librarian Assistant with extensive experience in providing library office and paraprofessional support. Highly skilled in conducting circulation tasks including checking library materials in and out, and overseeing stocking duties. Exceptionally talented in assisting library staff members with reference duties and children’s programming.
Actively responds to basic patron requests for information and materials, contacting patrons regarding overdue books and materials, and receiving, verifying, and releasing materials for reserve requests.
|• Books Circulation||• Stocking and Shelving||• Patron Relations|
|• Follow-up||• Records Maintenance||• Office Support|
|• Telephone Manning||• Research Support||• Audio-visual Materials|
|• Patron Monitoring||• Items Maintenance||• Item Search Assistance|
• Suggested starting library reading clubs, resulting in a 55% increase in interest in library services.
• Created a library index for 1500 series, as part of revamp project.
• Successfully followed up on all past due books, ensuring all 122 of them were returned and fines paid.
• Proved to be invaluable to a project, involving intense research work pertaining to history dates.
Town Library, San Jose, CA | 11/2014 – Present
• Welcome patrons as they arrive at the library and check their membership cards.
• Respond to inquiries regarding books, periodicals and other materials and their placements.
• Lead or direct patrons to their choice of aisles, and provide them with assistance in locating references and books.
• Lend books, ensuring that their information is properly entered into the library database.
• Provide patrons with care instructions, to ensure that no references or materials are damaged.
• Follow up with patrons regarding past due books, in a bid to ensure that they are returned immediately.
• Create and maintain records of patrons, ensuring that they are updated in a proper manner.
• Ascertain that all borrowed and returned books are properly placed back in their designated places.
San Jose Public Library, San Jose, CA | 2/2009 – 11/2014
• Assisted librarians in checking books in and out, following set procedures.
• Ascertained that all books and references were properly placed in their specified places.
• Assisted patrons in locating their required books and periodicals, and provided support with research work.
• Collected returned books and references and ensured that they were returned to their original places.
• Created and maintained records of lent and returned books, and of patrons, ensuring that all were timely updated.
San Jose High School, San Jose, CA – 2007
High School Diploma