A dry cleaner’s resume needs to be spot on with information about him or her.
This will include achievements, skills, education, and experience.
Other than that, the resume should be properly formatted.
As a dry cleaner, you need to highlight your skills in handling dry cleaning machines.
In addition, your skills regarding getting rid of stubborn spots should be made obvious. Also, it should focus on your customer service abilities.
When applying for a dry cleaner position, ensure that the information is well-structured. Here is a sample:
See also: Dry Cleaner Cover Letter Sample
Dry Cleaner Resume Sample
100 Rock Road, Iowa City, IA 68012
Service-oriented dry cleaner, with 7+ years of experience in performing dry cleaning and wet cleaning garments, as well as linen. Effectively able to operate cleaning machines, such as pressing equipment and washing machines.
• Implemented a preventative maintenance system, hence, increased equipment life by 65%.
• Trained newly hired laundry personnel as part of their induction process.
• Introduced spotting procedures, decreased customer complaints by 50% as a result.
• Explicitly devised a bleaching system, which proved to be safer than the one already in use.
|• Equipment Use||• Preventative Maintenance||• Bleaching|
|• Cloth Safety||• Neutralizing||• Spotting Procedures|
|• Articles Marking||• Steam Ironing||• Sterilizing|
|• Bleaching||• Chemicals Use||• Garments Treatment|
Pearl Dry Cleaners, Iowa City, IA 2015-present
• Check assigned loads in order to determine their types.
• Separate colors and whites.
• Set up as well as calibrate dry cleaning machines.
• Load articles into machines and apply water or solutions to fabrics.
• Turn valves and levers in order to regulate machine processes.
• Apply bleaching powders to stubborn spots and spray clean them.
• Operate garment treatment equipment.
• Inspect articles for stains.
• Check garments after they have been dry cleaned.
• Ensure that cleaned articles are not damaged.
• Add agents such as color protectors and cloth shiners.
• Place dry cleaned garments on hangers or fold them.
• Tag finished articles according to preset procedures.
Tate Hospitality, Iowa City, IA 2012-2015
• Picked up soiled laundry from hotel rooms and brought it to the laundry area.
• Assisted in sorting out clothes in order to ensure proper wash cycles.
• Loaded clothes into washing machines.
• Oversaw wash cycles.
• Removed washed laundry from machines.
• Ironed washed and dried laundry.
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on washing machines and dry cleaners.
High School Diploma
Iowa City High School, Iowa City, IA – 2009