Traineeships are valuable stepping stones needed for an individual to enter a profession of interest and a resume for one, therefore, must also be written accordingly.
A childcare traineeship resume is as important as a resume for a regular job.
The key ingredient of a childcare traineeship resume is the keenness and dedication towards the profession.
Write your resume in a manner that reflects your strong motivation to care for children.
Use action verbs to start the bullet points of your resume.
Since traineeships are usually pursued at entry-level in one’s career, you may not have much to offer in terms of experience. Do not forget to mention any previous internship or volunteer work experience.
Build your resume functionally and bring the employer’s focus onto your relevant skills in the child care field.
Related: Child Care Traineeship Cover Letter
Here is a great example for you to get ideas from:
Sample Resume and CV for Child Care Traineeship
216 SW Hash Ave, Horsley Park, NSW 3251
CHILD CARE PROFESSIONAL
Reliable… Motivated… Friendly
A passionate child care enthusiast looking for a childcare traineeship at ABC Company where my child care skills and knowledge can be utilized to contribute to the developmental needs of growing children.
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Expert in supervising and communicating with children of various ages
• Able to direct and educate children regarding hygiene and safety
• Adept at teaching children to eat, dress and maintain personal hygiene
• Capable of preparing healthy and nourishing snacks and meals
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Childcare Certificate III
BA, Early Childhood Development
State College, Horsley Park, NSW
WORK EXPERIENCE (Optional)
SOS Village, Horsley Park, NSW
Nov 2021 – Dec 2021
• Devised and implemented techniques for positive behavior enhancement
• Assisted infants and toddlers in daily life activities
• Prepared meals for children
• Initiated healthy play activities among the children, targeted at inculcating healthy social values among them
• Involved children in role play and other public performance activities aimed at confidence development
VOLUNTEER WORK (Optional)
Volunteer Childcare Helper
St. Paul’s Church, Horsley Park, NSW
Apr 2021 – Jun 2021
• Provided childcare at various orphanages voluntarily as part of the church’s childcare campaign
• Assisted in fundraising for charity events
• Engaged children in group activities to develop healthy living skills among them
• MS Word and Excel
• Social Media