What is an Objective Statement for a Nursing Resume?
Directly below the top part of a resume, where you type your name, address, contact number and e-mail address, is supposed to be a small statement with one of the following headings: “objective,” “professional objective,” or “career goal.”
Typically the objective statement of a nursing resume includes 1 to 3 lines.
It is supposed to summarize your professional aspirations, in addition to what you are expecting from a job and what you have to present to the company.
Here are some examples to assist you to create a compelling nursing resume objective.
These targeted objective statements start with power verbs to influence the reader at first glance.
Nursing Resume Objective Statement Examples
Experienced Nurse Objectives
• Patient-focused and compassionate Registered Nurse, seeking a position with NJ City Hospital utilizing eight years’ successful track record in the nursing profession in order to contribute to the well-being of patients.
• Highly compassionate Nurse with positive work ethics looking for a Registered Nurse position at Mount Sinai Healthcare using exceptional skills in assessing and screening, and carrying out prescribed treatment of patients to support the long-term mission of the facility.
• Empathetic and emotionally-stable Licensed Practical Nurse looking for a position with the Cambridge Health Alliance. Bringing 7+ years’ progressively responsible experience in monitoring patients’ health and administering basic nursing care to give the utmost level of comfort and care to patients.
• Very caring and responsible nursing professional seeking an LVN position with Aspen Healthcare. Offers expertise in providing bedside care to a diversity of patients. Eager to make a significant difference in the lives of residents.
• Seeking an Occupational Therapist position at Bloomington Hospital. Bringing provision of comprehensive occupational therapy services and expertise in one-on-one care to patients to reinforce the facility’s operations.
Entry Level Nurse Objectives
• Fresh and energetic nursing professional seeking position as a Registered Nurse at ABC Healthcare. Bringing an excellent record of nursing education and training, hands-on internship experience and outstanding interpersonal skills, to attain the maximum level of patient care.
• Looking for a Practical Nurse position utilizing well-built theoretical concepts and thorough training to provide superior healthcare service to patients.
Note: These sample objectives are useful for experienced as well as the fresh grad and entry-level nurses having no prior experience. You may modify these sample objectives if necessary.