A resume is a prerequisite to applying for a pharmacy cashier job.
The only reason you would want to write a resume is to tell a prospective employer that you are the best person to hire for an advertised job.
This information can be communicated through the following resume sample:
Pharmacy Cashier Resume Example
7 Turner Road, Bend, OR 49732
Driven and dependable Cashier with extensive experience working in fast-paced and busy pharmacies. Well-versed in processing payments made in exchange for delivered/purchased medicine. Ability to maintain and manage over the counter medicines, and order and stock adequate inventory. A team-player who works well with staff to attain the goals of the employer.
|POS Handling||Transaction Accuracy||Reconciliation|
|Stocking||Inventory Management||Complaint Handling|
|Customer Assistance||Prescription Filling||Identification Management|
|Medicine Displays||Cash Register||Data Entry|
• Filled 56 prescriptions singlehandedly in the event of high customer volume within the store.
• Reconciled a particularly stubborn problem within the POS system, which had been in limbo for 2 days.
• Reorganized the inventory system, making it 75% more efficient than it was earlier.
• Introduced the concept of identifying patients’ age and disease, before dishing out OTC medicines, as a precautionary measure.
Walgreens, Bend, OR 2015-present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the counter, and ensure that a technician is serving them.
• Check bought items to ensure their accuracy with the prescriptions, and expiry and price information.
• Punch medicine names into the system, to bring up their prices, and provide customers with information on the owed total.
• Process cash and card transactions, ensuring that any change and receipts are tendered.
• Ensure that medicines are correctly packed and handed over to them.
• Handle medicine stocking and prescription filling duties, to assist technicians and order fillers.
• Oversee the inventory of medications, ensuring that low stock situations are communicated to the manager.
Ten Oaks Pharmacy, Bend, OR 2011-2015
• Took and checked customers’ prescriptions to determine required medicines.
• Followed orders to locate drugs within the storage area, and picked and checked medicines for accuracy according to the prescription.
• Led customers through the payment procedure, ensuring that their change and receipts were tendered.
• Cleaned and stocked shelves, ensuring that any low stock situations were handled by bringing out medicines from the storage areas.
Bend High School, Bend, OR
High School Diploma
“I offer friendly, empathetic, and professional service to customers.”