Certified pharmacy technicians greet customers, fulfill prescription requests, verify prescriptions, count and pack tablets and label bottles and perform all related tasks under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. They work in different settings which may include independent pharmacies, nursing homes or hospitals.
Working in a pharmacy requires an individual to be more than just familiar with medicines. Pharmacy technicians should be certified in the state that they intend to work in. After ensuring that they meet the eligibility criteria, they need to take an exam to attain their certification.
In order to apply for this job, you will need a well-crafted resume and a cover letter for Pharmacy Technician position. This information on a resume can go a long way in an employer’s decision to hire you.
3155 Concord Road, Durham, NH 66773
Cellular: (000) 458-7282 | Email:
★ CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN ★
“I bring pharmaceutical competence and strong leadership skills.”
Talented and resourceful Pharmacy Technician with 6+ years’ progressive experience in support roles with different pharmacy settings. Known for providing superb customer service in a busy environment to ensure the customer’s return visit.
Accurately and efficiently fill prescriptions and verify errors. Efficiently perform clerical tasks, process insurance claims, and post charges and credits for medications. Strong knowledge of medication brands and generic names.
Registered Pharmacist with New Hampshire Board of Pharmacy
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|• Pharmacy stock checking||• Filing and data entry||• Cash handling|
|• Outdated product removal||• Medical terminology||• HIPAA Safety regulations|
|• Ordering and returning||• Phone etiquette||• Confidentiality|
Pharmacy Technician | UAB Medicine, Durham, NH | Feb 2011 – Present
• Accurately receive and verify prescriptions
• Fill prescriptions and deliver to patients
• Answer customers’ queries regarding medications
• Label medicine jars and bottles appropriately
• Provide inventory and stocking activities
• Verify incoming medicine stocks
• Manage supply documents
• Enter order information in predefined databases
• Process insurance claims and ensure that they are submitted appropriately
• Prepared complex medication solutions for three days in the absence of pharmacist
• Wrote a document on reporting discrepancies in drug supplies and mixing for new pharmacy technicians’ benefit
Pharmacy Aide | Spartanburg Medical, Spartanburg, SC | May 2010 – Feb 2011
• Assisted in filling prescriptions by locating and packing medicines
• Managed inventory and stocking activities
• Prepared intravenous mixtures under the supervision of the pharmacist
• Answered telephones and provided information
• Took and recorded patient information
• Managed filing of medicine shipping documents and packing slips
• Converted the manual filing system into an electronic one thereby saving retrieval time
• Attained Intern of the Quarter Award following excellence in providing both customer services and back-office support
High School Diploma | Durham City School, Durham, NH | 2005
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Exceptional attention to detail