Internships are great avenues for acquiring training and college credits. Many colleges and universities require their students to work as interns for some period of time in order to complete their degree programs. Students usually opt for internship programs in order to learn about the professional world. Pharmacies for instance, employ many pre-graduate students as pharmacy interns. Pharmacy interns assist pharmacists in a number of areas such as medication dispensing, customer services and stock management.
Unlike many other internship programs, pharmacy internships are intense to the say the least. Interns hired at a pharmacy, need substantial skills in order to be able to carry out everyday tasks associated with the pharmacy’s operations. The basic reason for such focus on qualifications is the fact that there is no room for errors in this job; medications need to be dispensed in an accurate manner and prescriptions must be verified.
Pharmacy interns read and interpret prescriptions and measure doses and weigh and mix ingredients in order to fill out prescriptions. They maintain records of prescriptions in pharmacy databases and maintain adequate drug inventories.
If you are a pharmacy student looking for a pharmacy intern position, you may be interested in the following objectives for your resume.
Pharmacy Intern Resume Objective Examples
• To obtain a Pharmacy Intern position at Safeway. Bringing excellent educational background and solid grasp over pharmacy operations to maintain appropriate pharmacy process following standards of safety and hygiene
• To work as a Pharmacy Intern for Sanford Health using extensive knowledge of preparing IV admixtures and oral medications along with maintaining adequate drug supplies
• Seeking a Pharmacy Intern position with Virginia Health Co. Offering knowledge of providing operational support to the pharmacist and applying expertise in customer education
• Looking for a position as a Pharmacy Intern with Pharmacy Plus utilizing knowledge of safe practices in dispensing medication and performing prelisting duties
• Seeking a position as a Pharmacy Intern at Drugs Inc. using extensive knowledge of filling prescriptions by reviewing medication orders and dishing out accurate doses
• Desire a Pharmacy Internship at Sears. Offering strong educational background in providing drug information to customers and healthcare professionals along with managing medication dispensing and maintaining appropriate inventory levels
• Looking for a position as a Pharmacy Intern with Skilled Care Pharmaceuticals by utilizing in-depth knowledge of performing medication dispensing activities and maintaining customers’ information along with providing drug information in order to educate customers and healthcare professionals