A Costco cashier’s resume must be written with great care.
Think of it as an advertisement, you being the product.
What you have to offer in terms of Costco’s project knowledge, and skills in handling cash and credit card payments should be made part of your resume.
Since you will be scrutinized on your ability to handle sales and cashiering work, you will need to highlight your knowledge of selling electronics, furniture, appliances, and jewelry to name a few things.
The resume should emphasize your ability to work in a high-volume environment as well.
The following cashier resume will be useful for job seekers applying for a job at Costco wholesale.
Costco Cashier Resume Example
73 Gate Road, Hershey, PA91247
Highly qualified cashier with a proven track record of operating complex and standard cash registers. In-depth knowledge of scanning goods, and ensuring that pricing is accurate. Effectively able to issue receipts, and handle refunds, and exchanges in accordance with set protocols and procedures. Ability to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Customer Service | Communication
Cross-selling | Complaint Management
Visual Merchandising | Scanner Operations
Bagging and Wrapping | Drawer Balancing
Costco, Erie, PA
2017 – Present
• Welcome customers and check their purchases
• Scan good to confirm prices, and punch them into the system
• Answer customers’ questions, and provide advice or recommendations
• Process cash and credit card payments, and tender change and receipts
• Bag purchases, and ensure that they are delivered to customers’ cars
• Process refunds and exchanges in accordance with policies
• Balance cash registers at the end of each shift
• Ensure that any discrepancies are handled in an immediate manner
- Successfully balanced a cash drawer discrepancy, which had been in limbo for 3 weeks
- Implemented a cross-selling technique, as a result, increased sales by 12%
- Singlehandedly managed a large exchange order, without any errors
Customer Service Cashier
Home Depot, Erie, PA
2016 – 2017
• Stocked shelves while assisting customers in choosing the right products
• Demonstrated product features in a bid to convince customers to make an informed decision
• Responded to customers’ questions and complaints
• Provided customers with information on return and aftersales policies
• Created and maintained effective liaison with vendors to ensure timely product deliveries
Walmart, Hershey, PA
• Assisted customers in finding products of their choice
• Supported cashiering services by processing cash and credit card payments
• Stocked shelves with items, and removed near expiry, or expired items
• Cleaned and maintained shelves, and assigned floor areas on a regular basis
High School Diploma
Acon High School, Hershey, PA – 2009
• Cashiering Software
• MS Office