Since Walmart hires sales associates who are the best at their work, it is important to write a resume that effectively highlights your knowledge of providing customer services – the Walmart way!
Your resume should essentially possess information to suggest that you are a better hiring choice than the rest of the applicants for a sales associate job.
Knowledge of assisting customers in making informed buying decisions, and ensuring that they are carefully led through payment processes is important to highlight in your resume.
The following example will guide job seekers.
Sample Resume for Walmart Sales Associate Position
55 Main Road, Atlanta, GA 67692
Service-oriented Sales Associate with a solid grasp on reaching out to customers, and providing them with high-end services. Hands-on experience in operating cash registers, and ensuring proper drawer balancing. Superior Walmart product knowledge, with an exceptional knowledge of performing stocking work.
Visual Merchandising | Cash Register
Complaint Handling | Communication
Customer Retention | Product Recommendation
Cleaning | Safety Protocols
Walmart, Atlanta, GA
6/2017 – Present
• Greet 100+ customers per day to the store and assist them in locating merchandise of choice
• Lead customers to the right aisles to help them choose the right products
• Demonstrate product features and benefits
• Perform upselling and cross-selling activities to meet sales goals
• Identify product price and other information for customers’ knowledge
• Provide customers with information on special promotions and deals
• Lead customers to cash counters, and assist cashiers in scanning items
- Increased customer base by 12% by providing excellent customer services
- Serviced 75+ customers in one shift, during a particularly busy day at work
- Provided training to 20 sales associates and interns in performing customer services work, as part of their induction
Target, Atlanta, GA
5/2013 – 6/2017
• Arranged for customers’ purchases to be bagged
• Processed credit card and cash transactions, and balance cash drawers
• Handled discrepancies according to protocols
• Informed customers of return and exchange policies
• Handle customers’ complaints and suggestions, improving feedback by 50%
Macy’s, Atlanta, GA
2/2012 – 5/2013
• Stocked items according to instructions
• Sought customers within the store who might need help
• Provided customers with product information
• Cleaned shelves, and restocked items before they ran out
• Removed expired items or those nearly expired from shelves
• Ensured the general cleanliness of floors and counters in assigned areas
High School Diploma
St. Paul’s High School, Atlanta, GA – 2012