The best resumes for a live-in companion position are a result of numerous drafts.
To make a compelling cover letter, you should write a complete outline of all the experiences, qualifications, and relevant information you might want to take in. Use this standard outline as a reference and experiment with a mixture of formats and styles. Then select the most relevant skills and attributes from the draft and arrange them logically.
Look at the following sample, which will give you a clear idea of how to write a live-in companion resume.
Sample Resume for Live-In Companion Position
58 Example Street, Katy, TX 54224
COMPANION / CAREGIVER / HOMEMAKER
Bringing skills, abilities, and experience in the caregiving field to ensure the clients’ satisfaction.
Over 6 years of experience in personal care capacities. Highly skilled in preparing dietary meals for the clients and encouraging them to eat. Proven ability to provide emotional support to clients. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Performing errands/grocery shopping
• Supervising and assisting clients with bathing and dressing and assisting with ambulation
• Handling unexpected changes in the client’s condition
• Reminding the client to take their medication
• Performing homemaker functions such as changing linens and making beds
Care Partner / Companion
COMFORT KEEPERS – Katy, TX
2014 – Present
• Provide round-the-clock companionship to clients in their homes
• Plan outdoor activities and accompany clients to keep them engaged
• Escort seniors and people with chronic illness to doctors’ appointments
• Provide counseling to clients and families
• Run errands and perform grocery shopping and sundries
• Assisted clients to take their medications
• Prepared meals and snacks
• Performed light housekeeping work
PRINCETON HOMECARE – Princeton, NJ
2012 – 2014
• Assisted clients with bath, care of mouth, skin, and hair
• Helped with ambulation
• Helped with approved exercises as established by a professional Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist
• Assisted in activities of daily living
• Reported to the Nursing Supervisor changes in patient’s condition or family circumstances
High School Diploma
CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Princeton, NJ
Recommended: Companion Cover Letter