A companion aide position is very demanding in nature. That is to say, it requires a lot of patience in the candidate’s personality.
Most organizations demand a CNA or caregiving certificate or diploma for the position.
A winning resume for companion aide reflects a deep sense of responsibility in addition to genuine compassion for clients.
Creative skills and expertise regarding caregiving must also be demonstrated in your resume since the position is expected to handle activities for the clients.
Related: Companion Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Companion Aide Position
524 Havana Square, Butler, PA 34902
grace @ email . com
Compassionate and highly motivated individual with a genuine love for the elderly and people with special needs. Well-versed with companionship protocols for people belonging to various age groups. Effective communicator who effectively performs caregiving and personal grooming tasks.
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Self-dependent and patient
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Current Driver’s license
• Vital signs checking and recording
Companion Aide | 01/2014 – Current
Life Steps, Butler, PA
• Provide assistance and company to clients throughout the day
• Design activities to motivate and involve the residents
• Implore the community resources and club facilities to suit the social and emotional needs of clients
• Prepare snacks and lunch while keeping dietary restrictions in mind
• Accompany clients during clinic/hospital visits
• Earned the most dedicated employee award twice
• Designed and implemented a fun-filled group activity for the elderly, titled find a friend which became an integral part of the program after the first round
Companion Caregiver | 06/2010 – 12/2014
Home Instead, Butler, PA
• Assisted the clients in daily personal grooming tasks like brushing, changing, bathing, and feeding
• Carried out light housekeeping chores including dusting, snack making, and vacuuming
• Provided company to the clients, making relevant and lively conversations
• Ensured timely administration of medication as per client’s medical charts
Certificate in Nursing Assistance
Vocational Institute, Butler, PA | 2010
High School Diploma
Varsity High School, Butler, PA | 2009