Pet care assistants work in animal welfare centers, kennels and animal hospitals, and clinics.
They perform many veterinary, caregiving, and administrative tasks depending on their placement.
Also, they assist with inspecting animals under their care, provide entertainment to housed animals such as walking and exercising them and manage the facility’s administrative tasks which may include establishing good customer relations and ensuring that all paperwork is in order.
The more love for animals reflected in your pet care resume, the better your chances of getting a job in this capacity.
Of course, going overboard with your display of emotions for animals may also kill your resume, so you must maintain a balance when writing one.
See the example below to get ideas.
Pet Care Assistant Resume Exmple
667 State Road
Jackson, WI 83900
*Pet Care Assistant*
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 7 years’ experience in pet care procedures in a varied environment
- In-depth knowledge of inspecting and treating pets for signs of inspection or abnormality
- Hands-on experience of restraining pets and administering medication
- Conversant with attending to the needs of pets including exercise and coat care
• Inherent love and respect for all kinds of animals
• Physically dexterous
• Knowledge of pet grooming procedures
• Excellent understanding of managing paperwork for a pet care facility
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Efficient communication skills
• Proficient with technology
Pets and Vets – Jackson, WI
Dec 2013 – Present
Pet Care Assistant
• Receive pets and take information from owners regarding the purpose of the visit.
• Provide information to pet owners about treatments and procedures.
• Assist pet owners in filling out forms.
• Bathe pets and provide topical therapy as instructed.
• Prepare treatment rooms for pet examinations.
• Restrain pets during examinations and administer medication as instructed.
• Clean surgical site and sanitize tools and surfaces.
• Exercise and groom pets as required.
• Prepare pets for laboratory tests.
• Restrained a particularly hostile pet dog for a three-hour topical surgery procedure without the liberty of general anesthesia.
• Reorganized the form filling process by introducing electronic forms and reducing paperwork.
ABC Veterinary Clinic – Jackson, WI
Mar 2010 – Dec 2013
• Assisted in calming pets down as they arrived at the facility.
• Cleaned surgical equipment and tools as instructed.
• Managed paperwork and filing activities.
• Bathed, groomed, and exercised pets as needed.
• Assisted in restraining pets during procedures.
• Offered a permanent pet care assistant position following excellence in handling pets and facility procedures.
• Sorted and reorganized pet records in alphabetical order for easy retrieval.
Jackson High School, Jackson, WI
High School Diploma