The pool of candidates that apply for a bookkeeping job depends on the job posting and not necessarily the availability of possible candidates.
Look at it this way; if you are looking to hire a bookkeeper for your firm and have not mentioned how much experience you are looking for in the job description in your advertisement, there are chances that the candidates who apply, will be a mix of experienced and entry-level people.
The importance of a good job posting cannot be undermined; a well placed and well-written job posting can save you both time and money.
If your job posting has detailed sections, there is a good possibility that only the candidates that meet all the criteria will apply – any that do not meet the criteria will be less in number and can be filtered out easily.
Many good candidates for a particular job will look at a job posting and decide if they want to apply for the position or not; this decision is usually based on the way a job is depicted.
Let us have a look at some examples of job postings for a bookkeeper’s job:
Related: Bookkeeper Resume
Bookkeeper Job Posting 1
– Handle accounts receivable and payable
– Prepare and process invoices through a company designed general ledger system
– Reconcile bank statement and review payroll records
– Prepare ledger entries on a daily basis and post-financial data in the company system
– Prepare and distribute periodical statements
– Handle petty cash and expense reports
– 2 years’ Accounting Degree from an accredited university
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
– Must be proficient in using technology – MS Office and Peachtree experience preferred
See also: Bookkeeper Cover Letter
Bookkeeper Job Advertisement 2
Provide support to the finance department with routine bookkeeping duties paying special attention to accounts payable and receivable. Handle general ledgers and major account reconciliations along with managing journal entry postings and creating financial quality reports. Resolve financial issues and handle daily monitoring of cash flow.
Areas of Responsibilities
– Special financial projects
Education and Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Knowledge of developing systems for handling financial transactions and complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements
• Experience with Deltek GCS Premier and Excel
• Sociable personality with the ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to handle office communication orally and in writing