A medical billing manager does more than simply look after medical bills. Their work includes processing insurance claims and managing the billing department of a physician’s office.
To apply for a medical billing manager position, you have to make an effort to write a good cover letter. This will ensure that your skills and qualifications information is sent to the hiring manager in a proper way.
Specifically, your cover letter should focus on your potential to contribute to the prospective company.
December 8, 2019
Mr. Harry Bones
Human Resources Manager
Spine and Joint Place
90 York Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 54100
Dear Mr. Bones:
This letter is a strong expression of interest in the Medical Billing Manager position at Spine and Joint Place. Owing to my previous billing and coding experience and strong leadership skills, I am convinced that I am the perfect candidate for this position.
In my previous role as a billing manager, I hired and trained 20+ the billing specialists, all of whom have contributed to improving the overall efficiency by 20%.
Since I have worked in medical billing and coding capacities for four years, I am well-versed in many areas, such as:
• Overseeing and streamlining billing and collections processes
• Planning and implementing quality assurance for all billing processes
• Posting and reviewing payments received by patients and insurance companies
• Ensuring obtainment of referral and pre-authorizations
• Checking eligibility benefits verification for treatments
• Following up on unpaid claims within standardized billing cycle timeframes
With a strong background in billing and coding, a drive to take charge in this challenging industry, and the core skills required to manage a dedicated billing staff effectively, I am certain that I would prove to be a reliable asset.
I am looking forward to meeting you to share my enthusiasm for filling your Medical Billing Manager vacancy. Thank you for your time and consideration.