How to Write a Medical Billing Manager Resume?
Technically, a Medical Billing Manager resume should be precise, and in harmony with the employer’s requirements. Look through the job description thoroughly. Then, pick out a format that suits your professional profile best.
A resume for a medical billing manager position should highlight the applicant’s skills and experience in a medical facility. Billing and coding are areas that one needs to be well-versed in. Also, mention the fact that you are adept at handling and overseeing the day to day functions of the billing department.
Medical Billing Manager Resume Sample 1
645 Contrary Lane, Frankfort, KY87021
MEDICAL BILLING MANAGER
Medical Billing Manager, with extensive skills in handling the day to day accounting functions of medical practices. Knowledge of overseeing and streamlining billing and collections processes. Highly skilled in implementing written policies and procedures, which govern accounting functions.
Payments Review | Collection Oversight
Billing Systems Implementation | Strategic Planning
Bills Review | Claims Transmitting
Insurance Company Liaison | Documentation
Claims Analysis | Discrepancy Management
Medical Billing Manager
Craig’s Medical Center, Frankfort, KY | 6/2015 – Present
• Manage and oversee 20+ medical billing processes per day
• Write clinical appeals and gather data to perform analysis
• Oversee all revenue cycle processes
• Review charges and charge histories for accuracy and completeness
• Identify payor issues and implement resolutions
• Determine, organize, and execute claim projects
• Plan and direct patient insurance documentation
• Initiate and maintain direct contact with insurance companies and clients
• Interact with clients and agencies in order to resolve issues
• Oversee invoice generation work and verify the accuracy of each invoice
• Advise patients on payment options
• Improve billing processes in order to maximize reimbursements
• Review patient account statuses to identify and resolve coding and billing issues
• Successfully had 12 claims paid, after multiple denials
• Implemented a strategic billing system, replacing the old, inefficient one
• Suggested incorporation of an efficient billing system
• Trained 15 medical billing officers, as part of their induction process
Golden Dermatology, Frankfort, KY | 2/2011 – 6/2015
• Posted charges and payments
• Submitted secondary claims
• Followed up on accounts receivable
• Ensured the integrity of data through proper checking
• Perused unpaid accounts by telephone or electronic inquiry
• Processed claims and initiated follow-up and collection calls
• Identified denial and pending reasons
• Investigated, resolved, and initiated information to ensure reimbursement
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Frankfort, KY – 2009
Medical Billing Manager Resume Example 2
3901 N 56th Avenue | Duluth, MN 55807
(000) 999-9999 | timburt @ email . com
Medical Billing Manager
Results -oriented professional with 12+ years’ experience in medical billing and coding arena. Profound knowhow of developing and handling outcomes of insurance claim revenues cycle operations. A passionate leader who has a track record of hiring and developing billing and coding staff.
• Executing all operational aspects of insurance claims, denials and accounts receivables.
• Establishing the clearly defined department and individual goals and objectives and communicate them to billing staff.
• Resolving coding and billing issues related to denials.
• Analyzing data for bill presentation, based on technical and compliance requirements.
SNOWMED | HCPCS, ICD, CPT
Statistical record keeping | Medical terminology
Medicare and Medicaid | Data entry
• Trained nine batches of medical billers and coders in code set rules, including ANSIx12, ICD, SNOWMED, LIONC, and HCPCS.
• Designed and implemented an information system for the provision of seamless medical billing services across multiple time zones.
• Decreased medical billing time for each case by 50% by providing in-depth training in billing procedures.
• Developed strong liaison with 13 top insurance companies in the state, which decreased the time it took to receive payments by 66%.
Bluestone Physician Services, Duluth, MN | 11/2011 – Present
• Work with billers and coders to ensure coding and billing accuracy
• Supervise billing and coding staff to ensure that appropriate processes are being followed
• Conduct specific ICD-9 and CPT audits to provide feedback regarding billing and coding procedures
• Assist in resolving issues related to payer denial and coding queries
• Ensure that staff is working in compliance to company policies
• Provide technical assistance to staff in initiating billing procedures to appropriate billers such as Medicare and Medicaid
• Analyze all data for bill presentation based on technical and compliance requirements
• Provide support to the technical application of systems such as billing modalities and benefit plans
• Monitor revenue production by statistically evaluating reports and identify potential issues
• Create and maintain liaison with insurance companies to ensure timely and efficient payment of medical bills
Ajilon, Duluth, MN | 1/2007 to 5/2011
• Collected information about delinquent accounts and contacted customers to provide them with information on how to pay them back
• Reviewed patients’ bills for accuracy and attempted to collect missing information
• Followed up on unpaid claims with insurance companies and determined reasons for non-payment
• Determined reasons for denied claims by interviewing insurance company representatives over the telephone
• Checked insurance payments to ensure that they are in compliance with contract discounts
• Handled discrepancies in payments by investigating causes and making allowances for mistakes
• Respond to patients’ information regarding billing services and denials
BS in Finance
SOME UNIVERSITY, Ajilon, Duluth, MN – 2008