Medical billers are responsible for the billing and payment sides of medical practice and are thus an essential part of the healthcare industry.
They are usually required to obtain a certification in medical billing before they can apply for this position.
Although they can get a job without formal training or certification, a certification makes a candidate more credible.
If you are a new medical biller and are looking for an entry-level position, you want to look at the following resume sample to get ideas on what you have to write to make it compelling.
Entry Level Medical Billing Resume Example (No Experience)
330 30th Street, Glendale, NY 55555
Seeking a position as a Medical Biller with Technical Medication where I may be able to use my training to facilitate payments and billing procedures of the facility.
Associate’s Degree in Medical Billing and Coding
New York State University – Glendale, NY – 2021
Certified Medical Billing and Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) – AAPC
• Health Insurance/Managed Health Care
• ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS Level II Coding
• Processing Insurance Claims
• Legal and Regulatory Issues
• Essential CMS-1500 Claim Instructions
• Commercial Insurance
• CMS Reimbursement Methodologies
• Competent in preparing and submitting clean claims to various insurance companies
• Proven ability to make and review patient statements and resolve patient issues regarding billing
• In-depth knowledge of processing full-cycle billing and charge entry for all types of claims
• Familiar with interviewing, selecting, and evaluating the performance of all direct billing reports
• Well versed with medical and billing terminology
CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEER WORK
• Worked as a volunteer for the college first aid society
• President of the drama club
• Member of the school CPR team
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Able to manage a variety of complex medical billing issues