In this day and age, ordinary just doesn’t cut it. This is especially true if you want to write a resume, which has to stand out if you want it to be successful.
A standout barback resume is one that includes sizeable information that the hiring manager can use to decide if you are worth his time and effort.
Here is a sample to help you write or update your resume for barback position.
Barback Resume Example
8 Kinau Street | Honolulu, HI 96854 | (000) 824-5947 | alanbaker @ email . com
Experienced barback, with exceptional abilities to handle the backend work of a bust bar, in a high-end customer service environment. Deep familiarity with providing patrons with information on bar services and suggesting drinks and mixes.
Extremely organized, actively sett up bars and ensures appropriate placement of glassware. Good communicator with the ability to coordinate efforts to ensure availability of liquor, mixes, water and juices at the bar at all times. Known to maintain a clean and safe environment at all times, within the bar and beverage service stations.
|✓ Stocking||✓ Station Setup||✓ Food Staging|
|✓ Cleaning/Maintenance||✓ Kitchen Liaison||✓ Order Taking|
|✓ Food Running||✓ Table Resetting||✓ Server Support|
|✓ Garnishing||✓ Keg Changing||✓ Bar Levels Oversight|
• Introduced a novel keg replacing system, which took 65% less time than the conventional way
• Invented a new garnish for a special mix, which received great response from bar patrons
• Manned a busy bar for 7 straight hours, in the absence of the bartender
• Suggested obtaining liquor from a local vendor, resulting in the restaurant saving greatly on delivery charges
Sanctuary Beach Resort, Honolulu, HI | 6/2010 – Present
• Greet patrons as they arrive at the bar and assist the bartender in taking orders
• Ascertain that patrons’ instructions for mixes and garnishing are understood
• Arrange for glasses and beer mugs to be available at the back of the counter at all times
• Coordinate efforts with the inventory room to ensure availability of liquor, juice and water at the bar
• Cut fruits for garnishing purposes, assisting bartenders in placing them aesthetically in drinks
• Ascertain the cleanliness and maintenance of the bar counter, beverage stations and surrounding areas
• Relay food orders to the kitchen and ensure that they are served to guests along with their beverage orders
• Monitor stock levels, and inform supervisors of low stock situations to ensure consistent availability
Honu Match Hotel, Honolulu, HI | 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Assisted waiters in taking orders and relaying them to the kitchen area
• Followed up on orders to ensure that they were delivered on time
• Assisted bartenders in creating and mixing ordered drinks, and serving them to patrons
• Cleared and cleaned tables and chairs, and ensured that condiments stations were properly stocked
• Provided customers / patrons with assistance in choosing food and beverage items according to their specific liking
St. James High School, Honolulu, HI | 2009
High School Diploma