Babysitters provide care to children while maintaining a safe and healthy environment. In addition, they supervise their daily work and play routines.
Getting a babysitter job in today’s competitive job market is challenging. For this reason, a candidate needs to craft an excellent resume to apply for a babysitting job.
A babysitter resume is a one-page document that sums up a job seeker’s qualifications for the babysitting and child care job. It is a marketing tool that applicants use to communicate their skills and experiences, as well as passion and value to employers.
How to Write a Winning Resume for Babysitter Position?
One of the simplest ways of writing a winning babysitter resume is by following a friendly format. Once you have picked up the format, you can write a resume to impress.
Make a note of all your qualifications, accomplishments, and experience as a babysitter. Then, carefully place them in dedicated resume sections.
The following 5 tips will help you in writing a great resume:
- View the job advertisement and babysitter job description first, then craft your resume according to the needs of the recruiter.
- Start your resume with an objective or summary statement to show your enthusiasm at the very beginning and attract the recruiter or parents to read the rest of your resume.
- Add your babysitting qualifications and skills, experiences, achievements, and education information.
The following babysitter resume samples will help you build an excellent resume.
Babysitter Resume Sample 1
382 North Avenue
Blauvelt, NY 67302
Delivering exceptional childcare, building parents’ confidence.
Reliable and nurturing Babysitter with 11+ years of a verifiable track record of delivering high-quality childcare in private homes as well as daycare settings. Well-versed in preparing and serving nutritious meals to children. Ability to get children ready for school in addition to assisting them with their homework. Energetic and friendly, skilled in creating unique activities to engage children. Actively provides children with safety together with psychological support.
PROFESSIONAL BABYSITTING SKILLS
Child Grooming | Formula Preparation
Hygiene Maintenance | Behavior Development
Bottle feeding | Diaper Changing
Meal Preparation | Emergency Support
Toilet Training | Bathing Assistance
Child Safety | Social Mentoring
• Developed healthy eating habits among children, reducing their healthcare issues consequently.
• Toilet trained a 7-year-old with a mental disorder, and got an appreciation letter as a result.
• Attained a 100% parent satisfaction level in 2021, owing to the dedication and hard work.
• Identified signs of ADHD in a 2-year-old, hence treating him timely.
Little Champs, Blauvelt, NY
2017 – Present
• Prepare meals and help children to eat
• Provide psychological and social support for children
• Accompany children to parks as well as social and hospital visits
• Assisted children in getting ready for school
• Pick and drop them off to and from school
• Assist children with their homework and assignments
• Ensure a safe and healthy environment for children in the first place
• Meet parents in order to discuss their children’s progress
[Compay Name], Blauvelt, NY
2012 – 2015
• Assisted children with eating and bathing
• Prepared formulas, bottle-feed infants
• Changed diapers
• Calmed down angry children
• Implemented the daycare curriculum
• Supervised the indoor as well as outdoor activities of the children
• Created exciting activities in order to keep the children engaged
• Ensured healthy social interaction among children
Associate’s Degree in Fine Arts
St. Mary Community College, Blauvelt, NY
• Word and Excel
• Internet, Email
• Web Browsing, Social Media
CPR & First Aid
Current Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Fluent in English and Spanish
“I have an inborn ability to get along with children in the long run.“
Superior professional references are available
Babysitter Resume Sample 2
700 Trip Lane, Cranston, RI 52197
Very dependable, friendly, and caring Babysitter, with 7 years of extensive experience in looking after children aged 0 to 12. Demonstrated ability to provide child-tending assistance, ensuring constant care and safety. Ability to handle emergency situations involving assigned children. Effectively able to form a steady schedule to maintain an organized and structured environment. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Meal Preparation • Diaper Changing
• Children’s hygiene • Bathing and Grooming
• Safety Assurance • Discipline Implementation
• Activities Monitoring • Homework Help
• Emergency Handling • Communication
Morningside Nannies, Cranston, RI
Sep 2019 – Present
• Singlehandedly looked after 30+ infants and toddlers for 3 years
• Successfully introduced a series of discipline plans, resulting in decreased behavior problems
• Make formulas for infants according to provided instructions
• Create and implement sleep, eat, and play routines
• Pick children up from school and safely transport them home
• Assist children with homework and school projects
• Engage children in fun activities, such as board games, and puzzles
• Prepare nutritious meals for children, based on their dietary needs
• Monitor behavior and intervene when necessary
• Ensure a clean and safe environment for children at all times
• Handle emergency situations such as injuries and illnesses
• Assist with hygiene activities, including toileting, bathing, and dressing
Child Care Worker
Private Capacity, Cranston, RI
Jun 2015 – Sep 2019
• Supervised hygiene by changing diapers and disposing of soiled ones properly
• Conferred with parents to provide feedback regarding progress and problems
• Looked after children’s personal and emotional needs
• Cooked nutritious food items in accordance with preferences
• Cleaned and sanitized children’s rooms and play areas
• Changed nappies, and perform personal grooming tasks
• Handled emergencies by administering First Aid
High School Diploma
Cranston High School, Cranston, RI – 2009
Babysitter Resume Sample 3
89 Fox Road
Committed to contributing to the employer’s success by providing exceptional childcare services.
Fun and friendly Babysitter with an unbeaten track record of looking after the physical and emotional well-being of children of ages from 6 months to 10 years. Effectively determines the individual needs of children and provides them with emotional, physical, and educational support. Committed to creating a stimulating, nurturing, and safe environment for children by introducing them to age-appropriate activities.
• Social Manners Instruction • Activities Implementation
• Meal Preparation • Child Safety/Wellbeing
• Behavior Management • Light Housekeeping
• Homework Assistance • Constructive Criticism
• Child Observation • Emergency Response
• Reports Preparation • Arts and Crafts
Crunch, Topping, VA
8/2021 – Present
• Handle three children aged between 6 months to 6 years.
• Successfully resuscitate a 2-year-old who had suffered a heart attack, by employing emergency CPR.
• Efficiently confer with parents to determine their children’s individual needs.
• Engage children in conversation to identify their personality types.
• Supervise children during playtime and assist with homework.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment for children.
• Ensure that children abide by the rules set for them.
• Bottle-feed babies and help young children with eating, grooming, and toileting.
• Plan and prepare meals for children in keeping with parents’ orders.
Boston Sports Club, Watertown, MA
5/2018 – 8/2021
• Created and implemented a series of age-appropriate indoor activities for preschoolers to keep them engaged while their parents are away.
• Wrote an article on effective babysitting, published three times in The Homemakers.
• Changed diapers and assisted in toilet-train young children.
• Helped with homework and special school projects.
• Engaged children in play both indoors and outdoors and disciplined children when they were out of sync with behavioral rules.
• Provided First Aid and CPR in emergencies.
Babysitting Training – 2018
The College of Southern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA
High School Diploma – 2008
St Mary High School, Cedar Falls, IA
Current Child/Infant CPR – American Red Cross
• Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Internet and Social Media
Proficient in oral and written Spanish, including childcare terminology
Excellent professional references are available
Babysitter Resume Sample 4
Los Angeles, CA 95654
❖❖ BABYSITTER ❖❖
Child’s Safety First
Friendly and dependable Babysitter with 5+ years of extensive experience in nurturing and developing children of different ages. Special talent for preparing meals and formulas, serving meals, handling children’s overall activities, changing diapers, and managing timetables. Effectively monitor the safety and well-being of children at all times. Thorough understanding of age-appropriate nutritional needs.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Clean medical and criminal background
- Current driver’s license with an excellent driving record
– Behavior Management – Meal Preparation
– Bathing and Grooming – Diaper Changing
– Child Tutoring – Night Care
– House Safety – Curriculum Implementation
– Hazards Prevention – Hygiene Maintenance
Private Capacity, Los Angeles, CA
Jan 2020 – Present
- Handle 5+ children ages between 3 months and 10 years
- Bathe and dress infants and toddlers
- Change diapers and provide toilet training
- Prepare formulas and bottle-feed infants
- Prepare nutritious meals for children in keeping with the employer’s instructions
- Arrange activities, games, and day trips to give amusement and exercise to kids
- Take complete responsibility for children in the absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping tasks
- Singlehandedly created and implemented a series of routines for two babies.
- Saved an infant’s life by recognizing early signs of choking and providing immediate first aid.
- Successfully identified a hostile household environment and counseled parents accordingly.
Star Babysitting Company, San Diego, CA
Sep 2015 – Jan 2020
- Oversaw children’s homework and assignments
- Assisted parents in child control and family management
- Provided a fun and safe environment for children
- Took care of pets and garden
- Helped parents with meal preparation, laundry, washing dishes, and running errands
- Wrote 3 articles on effective childcare procedures, which were published by the famous magazine All in a Day’s Work.
- Integrated a baby with an aggressive form of ADHD into a regular playgroup by providing intensive intervention during the class session.
- Prepared nutritious meals for children, helping them meet their nutritional goals effectively.
High School Diploma
St. Louis Public School, San Diego, CA
MS Office Applications, Spotify, Social Media
Attention to Detail – Emergency Handling
Communication – Punctual
“I can create a friendly atmosphere for family and children and act as a role model for them.”
Strong professional references are available
Duties and Responsibilities for a Babysitter Resume
A hiring manager determines your candidacy through the duties and tasks you have performed as a babysitter. Therefore, the duties or experience section of a babysitter’s resume is the decisive factor – try to make it as attractive as possible.
In order to make an exceptional experience section of a babysitter or nanny resume, you may use some or all of the following duties statements. These phrases directly relate to regular babysitting and childcare tasks.
Also, you should include babysitting keywords in these bullet statements, which will help your resume scrutinize in automatic or ATS scrutiny.
- Develop, nurture, and care for children at the employer’s home or in a childcare facility.
- Prepare formulas for infants and snacks for toddlers/children.
- Bottle-feed infants and change their diapers.
- Assist toddlers in eating while teaching them table manners.
- Bathe, dress, and groom infants and children.
- Provide toilet training to toddlers.
- Monitor clothing and toiletries needs.
- Teach basic language and math lessons.
- Organize and take part in leisure activities such as games, crafts, comics, outings, and exercise.
- Discipline children in keeping with the methods requested by the parents.
- Pick and drop children from and to school.
- Help children in extra-curricular activities and keep them busy and active.
- Accompany children to parks, social gatherings, and outings.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment inside and outside the home.
- Keep an eye on children’s activities during meals and rest periods, as requested by parents.
- Teach children about personal cleanliness and social interaction.
- Keep records of everyday activities and health information about each child.
- Take care of the emotional comfort and well-being of children.
- Observe children’s behavior and make reports for parents and babysitting agencies.
- Perform light housekeeping and dry cleaning tasks.
- Perform basic grounds-keeping and pet-care duties.
- Manage doctor appointments and follow-ups on the same.
- Run errands and shop for groceries if needed.
Babysitter Skills for Resume
The following are some skills for a babysitter’s resume or CV. These phrases can be included in the skills, qualifications, capabilities, or strengths section of a babysitter’s resume.
- Adept at supervising and caring for children in the absence of parents or regular caregivers.
- Highly skilled in diaper-changing and bottle-feeding.
- Proven ability to control the activities of children efficiently.
- Documented success in handling emergencies efficiently.
- Experienced in playing games and engaging children in educational activities.
- Profound ability to bathe, dress, and feed infants and children.
- Unique talent to organize activities such as games and outings to provide children with fun and exercise.
- Competent at performing light housekeeping duties.
- Proficient in cooking meals for children as per the employer’s instructions.
- Ability to act quickly and stay calm during emergencies.
- Profound patience when dealing with children.
- Good sense of humor and playfulness.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word and MS Excel.
- First Aid and CPR Certified.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A very professional approach to child care and parents’ help work.
- Honest in maintaining family budgets, accounts, and bills.
- Adaptable to the varying needs of children.
- Excellent problem-solver who can discipline children in keeping with the demands of parents.
- Extremely dependable to care for home and children in the absence of parents.
- Demonstrated ability to organize family parties and events.
- Fully energized to monitor the activities of kids during rest periods and meals.
- Motivated to take care of lawns and pets when needed.
- Passionate to maintain the cleanliness of the house and kitchen.
- Self-confident with a neat appearance and a positive attitude.
1. Is there any difference between a Babysitter Resume and a Babysitter CV?
No. They are the same. In the USA and Canada, it is usually known as a resume. While in Australia, the UK, or other countries, this document is known as a CV.
2. What is the purpose of a babysitting resume?
The resume’s only purpose is to land you a babysitter interview.
3. What are the different formats of babysitter resumes?
The top three formats for a babysitter resume are:
1. Reverse Chronological: This traditional type of resume focuses on relevant experiences in reverse chronological order (most recent position first).
2. Functional/Skills-based: Focuses on skills and accomplishments, rather than relevant experiences.
3. Combination/Mixed/Hybrid: Featuring a mix of elements from both the chronological and functional resume types.
4. Which resume format is best for me?
In the case of a babysitter, a combination or hybrid resume is the typical format most employers expect to see. But you can choose a reverse chronological format if you have more than 10 years of experience in hand. The functional format is useful for entry-level applicants or career changers.
5. Should I use an objective or summary statement on my babysitting resume?
Use an objective statement if you are an entry-level babysitter or have less experience in hand, or you are changing your career path. A summary statement is suitable for experienced candidates with an extensive track record.
6. Can I mention irrelevant experiences in my resume?
Only if you can relate the job description of irrelevant experiences to the babysitting job.
7. Do I need to send a cover letter with a babysitter’s resume?
Absolutely YES. You must send a babysitter cover letter with your resume. If applying by email, you may paste a cover letter in the body of the email.
8. I want to see an entry-level babysitter resume with no experience in hand?
If you are a fresh or entry-level babysitter, please refer to our entry-level babysitter resume page.