Babysitters provide care to children while maintaining a safe and healthy environment. In addition, they supervise their daily work and play routines.
As a matter of fact, getting a babysitter job in today’s competitive job market is challenging. For this reason, a candidate needs to craft an excellent resume to apply for a babysitting job.
One of the simplest ways of writing a winning babysitter resume is by following a friendly format. Once you have picked up the format, you can write a resume to impress.
Make a note of all your qualifications, accomplishments, and experience as a babysitter. Then, carefully place them in dedicated resume sections.
Babysitter Resume Writing Tips
1. See the employer’s needs and babysitter job description first, then craft your resume accordingly.
2. Include your knowledge of looking after children, and focus on your ability to remain calm in emergencies.
3. Write your core babysitting skills and competencies.
4. Highlight any previous experience in a child care capacity.
5. Emphasize your babysitting accomplishments.
Given these points, the following babysitter resume sample will help you build an excellent resume.
See also: Babysitting Resume Sample
Babysitter Resume Example 1
382 North Avenue, Blauvelt, NY 67302
Delivering exceptional childcare, hence, building parents’ confidence.
Reliable and nurturing Babysitter with 6+ years of verifiable track record of delivering high-quality childcare in private homes as well as daycare settings. Well-versed in preparing and serving nutritious meals to children. Ability to get children ready for school in addition to assisting them with their homework.
Energetic and friendly, skilled in creating unique activities to engage children. Actively provides children with safety together with psychological support.
PROFESSIONAL BABYSITTING SKILLS
Child Grooming | Formula Preparation
Hygiene Maintenance | Behavior Development
Bottle feeding | Diaper Changing
Meal Preparation | Emergency Support
Toilet Training | Bathing Assistance
Child Safety | Social Mentoring
• Developed healthy eating habits among children, reducing their healthcare issues consequently.
• Toilet trained a 7-year-old with a mental disorder, got an appreciation letter as a result.
• Attained 100% parent satisfaction level in 2015, owing to the dedication and hard work.
• Identified signs of ADHD in a 2-year-old, hence treated him timely.
LITTLE CHAMPS, Blauvelt, NY | 2015 – Present
• Prepare meals and help children to eat
• Provide psychological and social support for children
• Accompany children to parks as well as social and hospital visits
• Assisted children in getting ready for school
• Pick and drop them to and from school
• Assist children with their homework and assignments
• Ensure a safe and healthy environment for children in the first place
• Meet parents in order to discuss their children’s progress
SAINT DOMINIC, Blauvelt, NY | 2012 – 2015
• Assisted children with eating and bathing
• Prepared formulas, bottle-feed infants
• Changed diapers
• Calmed down angry children
• Implemented the daycare curriculum
• Supervised the indoor as well as outdoor activities of the children
• Created exciting activities in order to keep the children engaged
• Ensured healthy social interaction among children
Associate’s Degree in Fine Arts
St. Mary Community College, Blauvelt, NY 2011
• Word and Excel
• Internet, Email
• Web Browsing, Social Media
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
CPR & First Aid
Current Driver’s License with a clean driving record
Fluent in English and Spanish
I have an inborn ability to get along with children in the long run.
Superior professional references available
Babysitter Resume Example 2
700 Trip Lane, Cranston, RI 52197
Very dependable, friendly and caring Babysitter, with extensive experience in looking after children aged 0 to 12. Demonstrated ability to provide child-tending assistance, ensuring constant care and safety. Ability to handle emergency situations involving assigned children. Effectively able to form a steady schedule to maintain an organized and structured environment. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Meal Preparation
• Diaper Changing/children’s hygiene
• Bathing and Grooming
• Safety Assurance
• Discipline Implementation
• Activities Monitoring
• Homework Help
• Emergency Handling
Morningside Nannies, Cranston, RI | 2017-Present
• Singlehandedly look after 30+ infants and toddlers for 3 years
• Successfully introduce a series of discipline plans, resulting in decreased behavior problems
• Make formula for infants according to provided instructions
• Create and implement sleep, eat, and play routines
• Pick children up from school, and safely transport them home
• Assist children with homework and school projects
• Engage children in fun activities, such as board games, and puzzles
• Prepare nutritious meals for children, based on their dietary needs
• Monitor behavior, and intervene when necessary
• Ensure a clean and safe environment for children at all times
• Handle emergency situations such as injuries and illnesses
• Assist with hygiene activities, including toileting, bathing, and dressing
Volunteer Child Care Worker
*Private Capacity*, Cranston, RI | 2015-2017
• Supervised hygiene by changing diapers, and disposing of soiled ones properly
• Conferred with parents to provide feedback regarding progress and problems
• Looked after children’s personal and emotional needs
• Cooked nutritious food items in accordance with preferences
• Cleaned and sanitized children’s rooms and play areas
• Changed nappies, and perform personal grooming tasks
• Handled emergencies by administering First Aid
High School Diploma
Cranston High School, Cranston, RI – 2009
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay of babysitters was $22,290 per year in 2017. Likewise, they earned $10.72 per hour.
Babysitter Job Growth
The overall number of babysitting and child care Jobs in 2016 were 1,216,600. Similarly, there will be additional 84,300 jobs of babysitter will be available between 2016 and 2026.
The job outlook in a similar time span will be 7% on the whole.