The need for verification of records especially accounting records is very important in any organization.
This is the reason companies hire audit clerks who check figures and other documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Audit clerks are required to verify records and correct any errors that they might deem wrong.
They are responsible for monitoring periodic audits and are required to be very hands-on with the processes and procedures of auditing.
The following is a great resume sample for the position of an audit clerk that you may use if you are applying for this position.
See also: Audit Clerk Cover Letter
Audit Clerk Resume Sample
|1092 Elm Street, Cresco, IA 78933
• 11+ years’ dedicated experience in performing accurate auditing and accounting functions
• Functional knowledge of standard and complex auditing procedures and policies
• Hands-on experience in verifying the accuracy of documents and figures
• Conversant with correcting errors and discrepancies
• Adept at managing spreadsheets and records in databases
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
• Keen eye to detail
• Proven ability to work in a team-fostered environment
• Adaptable to change along with good understanding of maintaining priorities
• Expert in accounting and auditing management
• Exceptional follow up skills with solid organizational skills
Chron, Cresco, IA Mar 2011 – Present
• Pull out information for verification purposes
• Verify the correctness and completeness of information and records
• Ensure all figures and postings are correctly recorded and in the correct file
• Manage payroll audit functions
• Manage scrutiny of expense accounts
• Compute totals several times to bring out accurate figures
• Complete tax forms as appropriate and manage returns promptly
ABC Company, Cresco, IA Feb 2006 – Jan 2011
• Managed accounts receivables and payables
• Performed payroll management tasks
• Maintained ledgers and other account books
• Prepared balance sheets and profit and loss accounts
• Maintained petty cash and bank accounts
Iowa State University, Cresco, IA
Bachelor of Science in Accounting – 2005
• Email and data processing
• MS Word and Excel
• FileMaker Pro
• Data entry