Food counter staff duties and responsibilities are simple and straightforward.
These duties, as well as skills for a Food Counter Attendant Resume, introduce an individual’s ability to handle food and beverage items and interact efficiently with customers.
For some food outlets, these workers are the key employees whose service generates revenue.
A position as a food counter attendant is an excellent job for somebody seeking first-hand experience in the food service and hospitality arena.
Alternate Job Titles
- Bartender Helper
- Fast Food Attendant
- Food Preparer
- Food Service Helper
- Salad Bar Attendant
- Sandwich Maker
- Fast-Food Preparer
Food Counter Attendant Duties, Tasks, Roles and Responsibilities
• Take and process customers’ orders.
• Clean, unwrap, slice, and trim foodstuffs utilizing manual and electric appliances.
• Prepare food and beverages such as sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, milkshakes, and juices.
• Ensure tables are correctly set, side stations are tidy, and side work is appropriately completed.
• Reset tables with flatware and napkins.
• Handle guest complaints and notify the manager on duty immediately.
• Provide timely, pleasant, and polite food and beverage service to guests.
• Thank guests for dining at the eating place.
• Maintain sanitation of the restaurant, including floors, tables, ledges, and counters.
• Maintain awareness of the menu and special items.
Food Counter Attendant Skills and Abilities for Resume
• Successful track record of delivering prompt and courteous food and beverages service.
• Demonstrated ability to take and fill orders.
• First-hand experience in cleaning and maintaining the dining area.
• Competent at preparing food and specialty beverages.
• Practical skills in delivering food orders at counters and tables.
• Exceptional talent for maintaining cleanliness, clearing and wiping tables, and sweeping floors.
• Well-versed in stocking food products.
• Adept at using the point-of-sale system, making bills, and receiving payment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to deal efficiently with patrons, co-workers, and the general public.
• Professional appearance and manners.
• Ready to work in various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Bilingual: English and Portuguese.