Fast food workers are hired by restaurants that serve food items such as pizza, sandwiches and burgers.
Their main work is to ensure that customers are properly tended to, and that return business in made a certainty through exceptional services.
A fast food worker performs a lot of duties such as food preparation activities, and serving customers their orders.
A high school diploma or a GED is usually sufficient to work as a fast food worker. However, if you have worked in a fast food restaurant before, you may be considered a great choice to hire, since you will know most of what there is to know about this work. As a fast food worker, it is your job to be continuously pleasant and accommodating to the customers whom you are serving. Deep knowledge of the food and beverage industry is exceptionally important if this is the work that you want to do.
As a fast food worker, you will be expected to greet customers as they arrive at the restaurant, and ensure that they are provided with continuously good service, throughout their stay. A lot of your work in this role will include preparing food items and packing them for customers who have given to go orders. Here is a list of duties that you will be performing in the role of a fast food worker, on any given day at work:
Fast Food Resume Duties
• Welcome customers as they arrive at the restaurant or ordering counter, and hand them menus.
• Provide customers with information on available items, discounts, and deals being offered by the restaurant.
• Assist customers in choosing their orders by providing them with information on ingredients.
• Ascertain that orders are properly and accurately punched into the system, and that customers are presented with bill.
• Process both credit card and cash payments, by making proper use of the POS system.
• Prepare food items such as pizzas, burgers, fries, sandwiches, and salads according to specified recipes.
• Ascertain that all food items are properly marinated and cooked as per cooking instructions.
• Pack to go items appropriately, adding condiments and napkins to them, as per restaurant procedures.
• Place items on trays in a proper manner for dine-in orders, and hand them to awaiting customers.
• Ensure that change is given to customers in a timely manner, and credit card receipts are signed and recorded.
• Balance assigned POS systems, and ensure that any discrepancies are timely addressed, and communicated to the manager.