If you have done exceptionally well as a waiter or host at a hotel, you may consider working as a club lounge attendant now.
A club lounge attendant basically performs the same duties as a host but with a difference.
Since club lounge attendants are hired by hotels that host dedicated VIP lounges for corporate or high business-giving guests, they need to be especially service-oriented.
Since VIP guests are the ones that provide the most business to a hotel, it is important for club lounge attendants to be especially courteous with them.
Club lounge attendants and hosts work on parallel planes to perform more or less the same tasks.
Eligibility criteria to be hired as a club lounge attendant includes a high school diploma or a GED, exceptional mannerisms, a polite attitude, and the ability to multitask effectively.
Club lounges within a hotel are busy places and VIP guests have high demands where service is concerned. As a club lounge attendant, it is your duty to make sure that there is no cause for concern.
So if you are a customer service-oriented individual and have worked in the food service industry previously, you may want to look at the following duties of a club lounge attendant:
Club Lounge Attendant Duties, Tasks, Roles, and Responsibilities
• Greet VIP guests as they approach the club lounge and provide them with assistance in seating.
• Present menus and offer suggestions on the day’s specials and offered deals.
• Take orders for starters, food items, and beverages and provide guests with information on complementing drinks.
• Offer complimentary drinks to guests and ask if they would like additional servings.
• Expedite guests’ orders and ensure that they are delivered to their tables within the specified timelines.
• Respond to guests’ inquiries regarding hotel and lounge features and services and address any specific concerns regarding services and premises.
• Ensure that all condiments are made available to guests along with their orders.
• Stock condiments shelves and maintain liaison with procurement officers to ensure prompt delivery of supplies and items.
• Coordinate the efforts of janitorial staff to ensure that the club lounge is kept clean and sanitized.
• Prepare buffet areas and ensure that all necessary food and beverage items are presented in an appealing manner.
• Maintain kitchen, buffet, and lounge areas in a neat manner by paying close attention to food services, refrigerators, and floors.
• Perform follow-up duties to ensure continuous guest satisfaction and take orders for additional services.