If you have done exceptionally well as a waiter or host at a hotel, you may consider working as a club lounge attendant now. A club lounge attendant basically performs the same duties as a host but with a difference. Since club lounge attendants are hired by hotels that host dedicated VIP lounges for corporate or high business-giving guests, they need to be especially service-oriented. Since VIP guests are the ones that provide the most business to a hotel, it is important for club lounge attendants to be especially courteous with them.
A club lounge attendant is not a promoted level of a host – these people work on parallel planes and perform more or less the same jobs. Eligibility criteria to be hired as a club lounge attendant includes a high school diploma or a GED, exceptional mannerisms, a polite attitude and ability to multitask effectively. Club lounges within a hotel are busy places and VIP guests have high demands where service is concerned. As a club lounge attendant, it is your duty to make sure that there is no cause for concern.
So if you are a customer service-oriented individual and have worked in the food service industry previously, you may want to look at the following duties of a club lounge attendant:
• Greet VIP guests as they approach the club lounge and provide them with assistance in seating
• Present menus and offer suggestions on the day’s specials and offered deals
• Take orders for starters, food items and beverages and provide guests with information on complementing drinks
• Offer complementary drinks to guests and ask if they would like additional servings
• Expedite guests’ orders and ensure that they are delivered to their tables within the specified timelines
• Respond to guests’ inquiries regarding hotel and lounge’s features and services and address any specific concerns regarding services and premises
• Ascertain that all condiments are made available to guests along with their orders
• Stock condiments shelves and maintain liaison with procurement officers to ensure prompt delivery of supplies and items
• Coordinate the efforts of janitorial staff to ensure that the club lounge is kept clean and sanitized
• Prepare buffet areas and ensure that all necessary food and beverage items are presented in an appealing manner
• Maintain kitchen, buffet and lounge areas in a neat manner by paying close attention to food services, refrigerators and floors
• Perform follow up duties to ensure continuous guest satisfaction and take orders for additional services