If you are pursuing a career in the foodservice and catering industry, and already written a resume to apply as a catering attendant, then it’s time to write a cover letter.
A winning cover letter for a catering attendant resume creates a good match between your core competencies and the prospective employer’s needs.
The purpose of your cover letter is to convince the reader that you possess the specific skills and attributes needed for the job.
Since some skills for the position of catering assistant may be common, it is imperative to learn about the employer’s expectations before writing a cover letter.
Related: Catering Attendant Resume Sample
Sample Cover Letter for Catering Attendant Position
Newland Sq, Apt 698
Kansas, MO 54712
February 26, 2021
Mr. Jake Reggie
Marriot Int’l Hotels
89 Gregory Lane
Kansas, MO 90422
Dear Mr. Reggie:
I came across your advertisement for a Catering Attendant position through your website. My knowledge of the catering industry, coupled with a focus on providing exceptional customer service, makes me a great contender for this position.
As a seasoned professional, I possess a customer service-oriented attitude and results-oriented approach. My following competencies will help me make a substantial contribution:
- Efficient skills in replicating food dishes following the given recipe to book.
- Profound ability to multiply and divide the ingredient quantity ratios to suit the given order.
- Proficient in kitchen prep and food setup tasks including table setting, dishwashing, and clearing of tables.
- Demonstrated ability to set up buffet arrangements independently and monitoring and replenishing the same throughout service.
- Familiar with hygiene and sanitation standards of food cooking and service, prepared food reheating precautions, cleanliness of workstations, prep counters, and service area, and proper storage of leftover food.
I would like to discuss my related qualifications further and can be reached at (004) 452-4142 to schedule an interview time at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Your time in reviewing my job application package is much appreciated.