Creating a resume for a sales associate job at Macy’s is no big deal – everyone does it. Creating one that a hiring manager will love to read is. But, if you follow the following sales associate resume sample, you won’t have issues with it:
Macy’s Sales Associate Resume Example
173 55th Street, Buffalo, NY 70032
Customer-focused, and customer service-oriented sales associate, with 9+ years of experience in making a stable connection with customers, to provide an exceptional shopping experience. Highly skilled in determining customers’ requirements, and providing them with correlating services.
• Proven ability to inspire customers to buy while creating a lasting impression of the company.
• Effectively able to maintain selling room presentations, and restocking them on a regular basis.
• Proficient in politely handling returns and exchanges by following company protocol.
• Highly talented in demonstrated comprehension of store products and services to build sales.
|• Retention||• Process Improvement||• Needs Determination|
|• Returns||• Packing and Bagging||• Loss Prevention|
|• Tagging||• Cash Handling||• Sales Driving|
|• POS Operations||• Complaint Handling||• Relationship Building|
• Increased the customer base of the company by 23%, by performing well-placed word of mouth marketing.
• Implemented a loss prevention system, which reduced in-store theft by 55%.
• Singlehandedly managed sales work for the entire floor, in the absence of 2 other sales associates.
• Simultaneously handled cashiering and sales work, in the event of increased customer activity in the store.
Macy’s, New York, NY | 2012 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the store, and inquire into their purchasing preferences.
• Confer with customers to determine their requirements, and suggest products and items accordingly.
• Direct and lead customers to their desired products, and provide demonstrations when requested.
• Assist customers in deciding product prices, and provide information about sale prices or discounts.
• Provide support to customers in making informed choices, and indulge in suggestive selling to encourage them to buy additional products.
• Process payments by operating POS systems, ensuring that both cash and credit card payments are properly handled.
• Process returns and exchanges, according to established company policies.
• Ensure that shelves are adequately stocked with products, and arrange and rearrange them as required.
K-Mart, New York, NY | 2008 – 2012
• Assisted customers in locating their choice of products within the right aisles.
• Provided product knowledge such as ingredients, features, and expiry dates.
• Helped in stocking shelves, by transporting products from storage areas.
• Cleaned and maintained shelves and aisles, ensuring that a consistently positive outlook was maintained.
• Performed bagging duties and ensured that heavy bags were transported to customers’ cars.
High School Diploma
St. Paul’s High School, Buffalo, NY – 2004