Resumes for rural carrier associate position are a window into your past – and a door to the future.
Here is a sample for you to get ideas:
Rural Carrier Associate Resume Example
701 Avenue C
Rock Falls, IL 64025
tinaloman @ email . com
RURAL CARRIER ASSOCIATE
Organized and punctual rural carrier associate with exceptional skills in picking up and delivering mail to customers located outside urban areas. A highly dependable individual with a solid track record of effectively deciphering addresses and ensuring timely delivery.
• Determining the right address on packages and letters, from illegible writing.
• Communicating with customers to provide them with special instructions regarding their deliveries.
• Mapping quick and accurate routes by using maps and GPS.
• Registerng, certifying and insuring parcels and letters by arranging appropriate insurance coverage.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
✓ Route Mapping ✓ Signature Verification
✓ Mail Redirection ✓ Parcel Insurance
✓ Bundle Mail Preparation ✓ Package Security
✓ Record-keeping ✓ Returns Handling
✓ COD ✓ Change–of–address
✓ Outgoing Mail Preparation ✓ Vehicle Maintenance
• Proactively implemented a dynamic address change system which reduced incorrect deliveries by 80%.
• Introduced a novel mail redirection system, decreasing instances of incorrectly redirected mail.
• Suggested introduction of COD services, resulting in increased revenue for the organization.
• Reduced the time to prepare bundle mail by introducing a system to isolate mail to pastoral areas in one pile and nearby rural ones into another.
Rural Carrier Associate
USPS, Rock Falls, IL
Sep 2019 – Present
• Receive incoming mail such as envelopes, parcels, and packages and sort them out according to their delivery destinations.
• Ensure that all mail for one specific area is bundled into one pack and delivered to the assigned vehicle.
• Load mail onto assigned vehicles and ensure that it is properly and safely placed inside.
• Map appropriate routes by using standard maps and GPS to ensure on-time delivery.
• Look for customers’ addresses and verify them before handing over their mail and parcels.
• Obtain signatures on receipts and ensure that COD payments are obtained before parcels are handed over.
• Provide stations with information on delivery statuses and ensure that any non-deliverable items are placed back in the vehicle.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on assigned delivery vehicles and ensure that any issues are properly communicated to the supervisor.
Leesport Post Office, Rock Falls, IL
May 2013 – Sep 2019
• Sorted incoming and outgoing mail to ensure that it reached its destination within the post office and external destinations.
• Provided assistance to customers in dispensing stamps and determining the number of stamps that they will need.
• Assisted in loading mail such as parcels, letters, and packages onto awaiting delivery vehicles.
• Provided information to customers regarding mail services provided by the post office.
• Ascertained that all customer areas and counters were kept cleaned and maintained at all times.
High School Diploma
Rock Falls High School, Rock Falls, IL | 2002
• Mail-room Software
• MS Word and Excel