Accounting Associate Resume Writing Tips
In your resume for an accounting associate position, you have to make sure that you highlight your knowledge of accounting procedures.
Since you will be supervised by a certified accountant, you must ensure that you know the work inside out – and can impress your supervisor.
All sections of your resume should focus on your ability to handle tasks such as journal entries and account receivable and payable.
If you are looking for a format to base your accounting associate resume on, here is one:
See also: Accounting Associate Cover Letter
Accounting Associate Resume Sample
909 Keats Road, Barrow, AK
Highly experienced accounting associate with 6+ years of exposure to accounting and finance metrics. Demonstrated expertise in assisting accountants and auditors with bookkeeping tasks. Efficient in recording financial transactions and handling balances.
Petty Cash Handling
- Reconciled a particularly difficult entry, as a result, saved the company from going into loss.
- Implemented a discrepancy management system, thereby, reduced discrepancies by 55%.
- Introduced the concept of quality control, hence, reduced the need for reconciliation.
- Proved to be invaluable in an audit process, owing to exceptional insight into the company’s accounting systems.
Taboola, Barrow, AK | 2012-present
- Prepare and maintain journal entries related to prepaid assets, fixed assets, general ledger account analyses, and reconciliations.
- Manage collections, and credit limits, and monitor customer aging and possible write-offs.
- Prepare accounts receivable and payable documents.
- Perform primary bookkeeping support services.
- Assist accountants in making changes or modification is existing accounting systems.
- Determine accounting discrepancies and ensure that they are handled with precision.
- Reconcile between the billing and financial reporting ERP systems.
- Perform gross margin analysis.
- Balance various accounting systems such as ARP and ALS.
- Create and maintain effective liaison with banks and vendors.
- Prepare checks for payments and make online payments as instructed.
- Check outstanding balances and follow up with clients in order to ensure timely payments.
Core Tech, Barrow, AK | 2008-2012
- Assisted in creating instruments such as checks and drafts.
- Contacted clients in order to encourage them to make outstanding payments.
- Researched different accounts and analyzed variances.
- Assist in the preparations of month-end closings of financials.
- Reconcile statements for cash and income accounts.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Alaska State University, Barrow, AK