The job market for Editorial Assistants is very demanding.
That is to say; there are many job applications for a single vacancy.
How to Write an Entry Level Editorial Assistant Resume?
• As you are an entry-level candidate, consider beginning your resume with a career goal but make sure it is formatted as a summary.
• Mention some of your core competencies.
• Do not use fancy words; keep it simple – the readers have a short time, therefore, facilitate them.
Related: Editorial Assistant Cover Letter
Entry Level Editorial Assistant Resume Sample (No Experience)
309 Yardley Lane, New York, NY 13003
(004) 222- 1122
george @ email . com
Exceptionally hardworking individual with great organizational and management skills seeking an entry-level editorial assistant position where skills in content development, editing and proofreading could be effectively used.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Well versed in facilitating the process of the journal, book and magazine production
• Proficient in online content development and editing while adhering to SEO requirements
• Familiar with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and image editing software
• Excellent time management and analytical skills coupled with great attention to detail
• Exceptional ability to coordinate and collaborate with different departments and authors
• Demonstrated ability to maintain freelance writer’s database, articles spreadsheets and weekly editing record up to date
• Familiar with plagiarism check software operations, copyrights and publication permission protocols
• Thorough understanding of various cultures and origin of many languages
Bachelors of Arts in English Linguistics
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, New York, NY | 2019
RED CROSS SOCIETY, New York, NY | Summer 2016
• Compiled information for the weekly newsletter to be sent out to the stakeholders and funding parties
• Edited the given information and formatted it for newsletter
• Edited content for fundraising campaigns flyers
THE BLOGGERS, New York, NY | Summer 2015
• Developed search engine optimized content for magazine promotion online
• Proofread the articles and reviews of the magazine contributed by various writers
• Designed the layout of blogs and managed daily uploading activities
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Exposure to two foreign countries including Australia and China
• Exceptional proofreading skills
• Author of numerous poems, articles and research papers