The position of an Editorial Assistant is basically an entry-level position with options of advancement in some settings.
An editorial assistant is supposed to ensure that written materials meet the set standards for publishing. Their duties may include proofreading and editing documents
Before drafting your Editorial Assistant resume, evaluate every part of your qualifications.
Do brainstorming; list every relevant thing which you think might be included. This list will make the foundation for an effective resume and will assist you to make out your achievements.
Ultimately you will pick what to include your resume in order to make it more attractive.
The following template will guide you accordingly.
Editorial Assistant Resume No Experience
12 SW Maddox Drive, Reno, NV 44443
- One year of experience working as a volunteer
- Skilled in aiding editors with various stages of book production
- Able to work with editors and other departments to maintain schedules
- In-depth knowledge of writing copy for book jackets and catalogs
- Proficient in handling administrative duties associated with the position
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great love for books
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently
- Able to comprehend academic writing
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Wrote copy for all books published by Verona Book Publishers in 2011 without any changes demanded in the original content
- Offered a permanent position as an Editorial Assistant following display of excellent aptitude and work ethics
Verona Book Publishers – Reno, NV | August 2018 – Present
- Maintain correspondence with authors
- Research content, proofread and edit copy
- Assist senior editors with planning, development, and marketing of books
- Prepare manuscripts for production
- Order books, maintain lists and keep accurate records thereof
- Reinforce style guidelines
- Post stories and calendar highlights
BS Mass Communication
The University of Reno, Reno, NV | 2010