Imagine your joy when you pick up an advertisement for a job and see that you have most of the skills that they are asking for! Great! You are definitely going to be hired. But wait! How will the employer know that you have all the skills that he has posted? You make it known to him. Your resume is your best bet. Make a special place in your resume to accommodate your job-related skills and watch miracles happen!
However, you cannot just write your skills in any way that you deem correct. There is a protocol for doing this. One, two or even 5 word sentences do not work here. You have to make sure that the sentences which you use to describe your skills are profoundly written, with backing evidence. Since the evidence cannot be physical, it has to be written in words. When you say you are skilled, also provide reasons of why you think that way. The only way you can prove your skills is by making sure that you back them up by making good use of words.
It is as simple as the difference between saying “yes” in answer to a question, and replying affirmative, and then going on to explain why you think so. Let us give you a few examples of how to write skills statements on your resume:
Sample Skills for Front Office Assistant Resume
• Especially talented in handling daily operations of the front desk office, including supervision of front desk interns
• Highly skilled in handling a multi-line telephone system and accurately providing information to all callers
• Deeply familiar with providing required information to customers and visitors in person and handling scheduling duties both in person and over the telephone
• Track record of effectively developing and maintaining filing systems and ensuring that all information is kept safe and confidential
• Proven ability to organize office paperwork and create and update records in a time-efficient manner
• Hands-on experience in monitoring levels of office supplies and creating and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery
• Proficient in operating and maintaining office equipment such as copiers, scanners and fax machines
• Adept at performing cashier-related functions and creating and filing important cash and credit reports
• Competent at handling incoming and outgoing mail and ensuring that mail distribution is properly managed
• Qualified to implement office / front desk safety procedures in sync with company’s safety policies and protocols, including accident prevention and emergency procedures