A vital part of the floral assistant resume is the skills section, which eventually helps the hiring managers decide if you are a capable individual or not. But it is not the easiest thing in the world to write skills statements that a hiring manager will truly take a liking to. What does one do in this situation?
Working in any position requires skills, and it is up to you to tell a hiring manager that you are an exceptional individual to be hired. Your skills statements need to be perfect in every way, allowing a hiring manager to see you in the light that you see yourself in.
Perfection from every end is required when writing skills statements – you have to tell the hiring manager that you are good by giving examples to prove your point. You cannot simply write skilled in making great floral arrangements.
Remember that you get only one chance to prove your worth to a hiring manager, and you have to take it with both hands. Make sure that your skills statements stand out from the rest of the resumes that a hiring manager will see. And ensure that any redundant information is kept away from your resume’s skills section. To see how you can write your skills statements in a profound manner, have a look at the following sample statements, for a floral assistant position:
Sample Skills for Floral Assistant Resume
• Competent in greeting customers, and engaging them in conversation to determine their specific floral arrangement requirements.
• Effectively able to confer with customers to provide them with information on available flowers and plants, and the many ways in which they can be arranged aesthetically.
• Demonstrated expertise in choosing and picking the right flowers and plants, according to provided instructions, and arranging them appropriately.
• Especially talented in assisting in the designing and leading of mass production floral arrangements for events, such as wedding, parties, and corporate sessions.
• Qualified to maintain the stock of floral department inventory, and supplement new inventory, as needed.
• Proven ability to create aesthetically pleasing floral arrangements, such and bouquets and bunches, according to the specific instructions of clients.
• Solid track record of effectively handling the POS system, by processing both card and cash payments in an accurate manner.
• Deeply familiar with handling cleaning and maintenance jobs, as they pertain to a floral retail concern.
• Exceptionally talented in creating and maintaining effective liaison with vendors and suppliers, to ensure timely delivery of flowers, plants, and supplies such as ribbons, and wrapping paper.