It is a known fact that a resume for an administrator position will be judged by the summary that opens the document.
This is true of all resumes, for all position. But for an admin position specifically, you will need to write a summary that hooks the hiring manager in one go.
How is this possible?
Your skills and qualifications in an admin role will make this possible.
For instance, mentioning the fact that you are an organized individual, who can handle filing work effectively will go a long way in helping a hiring manager understand what your capabilities are in this regard.
A resume summary is not too long, which is why you have to be a little smart with it. Do not write more than a reasonable length paragraph.
It is important to realize that you are providing a teaser in your resume. While detail is important, too much of it might just kill the cause. Why?
Because the hiring manager will not have a lot of time on his hands, and if you go to lengths about your administrative skills, he may be discouraged.
See also: Administrative Specialist Summary
Admin Summary for Resume
• Highly enthusiastic administrative professional, with extensive skills in providing exceptional administrative support to different departments. Demonstrated expertise in fielding telephone calls, and providing exact information as per protocol. Effectively able to deal with email inquiries, and provide general office assistance.
• Top-performing Admin Assistant with 5+ years of experience in coordinating office tasks in order to secure efficiency and compliance to policies and procedures. Talented in supervising administrative staff members so as to ensure high performance. Adept at stocking supplies, and efficiently overseeing inventory management procedures.
• Competent and qualified administrator, with over 4 years of experience in providing administrative and clerical support to departments and projects. Documented success in overseeing filing and records management tasks. Exceptionally talented in screening and routing calls, and providing assistance with research work.
• Resourceful, organized, and qualified individual, boasting 7 years of experience in an admin capacity. In-depth knowledge of maintaining professional communication with clients and staff members in person, on telephone, and through email. Proven ability to use technology in order to generate reports, create presentations, and conduct research.
• Highly efficient administrator, with a solid track record of effectively coordinating and overseeing office activities. Expert in implementing procedures in order to ensure compliance. Hands-on experience in controlling office supplies, and maintaining effective relationships with vendors and suppliers.