Operations analysts are lifesavers for organizations that are always proactively looking for ways to improve their business operations.
Their duties are typically aimed at developing and implementing business practices that ensure optimal performance.
The actual duties of an operations analyst will probably depend on the company and the specific role in which he or she is working, but generally, an operations analyst is tasked with evaluating and updating a company’s procedures, processes, and operations.
The basic idea behind hiring an operations analyst is to help the company identify structural, technical, and procedural shortcomings of the system, and suggest and implement improvements.
A resume is an extremely important document that is required by employers to apply for an Operations Analyst job.
Here are 2 resume examples you can use:
See also: Operations Analyst Cover Letter Sample
Operations Analyst Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
93 Thrasher Lane
Ocean View, DE 55652
kengreen @ email . com
Recognized for analyzing the current workflow of operations teams and leveraging analysis to drive process improvements.
Dedicated Operations Analyst with 10+ years of experience in successfully accomplishing business objectives by identifying and resolving user/customer information and processing problems. Highly effective in identifying project requirements, analyzing operations, and effectively determining project scopes. Competent in developing new strategies to improve the accuracy and timeliness of revenue management.
• Retention Programs
• Process Improvements
• Support Systems Setup
• New Process Implementation
• Project Management
• KPI Trend Analysis
Redwood Logistics, Ocean View, DE
12/2018 – Present
• Improve business operations by 65% by introducing and implementing new programs.
• Implement a system that automatically calculated deviations and opportunities in business and provided suggestions for driving implementations for new procedures.
• Analyze existing business operations to determine systems and procedures already in place.
• Design and build analytic tools to handle business growth and evolution issues.
• Partner with operations teams to identify new workflow automation opportunities through observation .and analysis.
• Develop and implement operations insight to drive key business decisions.
• Track and measure system metrics and report and communicate analysis to senior managers.
AAA Company, Ocean View, DE
11/2012 – 12/2018
• Introduced the workflow chart solution for determining system capabilities and analyzing alternative solutions.
• Proactively determined optimized business processes which reduced workload by 67% and increased efficiency by 77%.
• Developed new business processes and conducted current process analysis by utilizing systems expertise.
• Provided specialized data reporting and review for equity administration and operations activities.
• Documented process flows and created procedure manuals for all business analysis functions performed.
Goldman Sachs, Ocean View, DE
2/2008 – 11/2012
• Handled end-to-end coordination of all aspects of customer loyalty programs.
• Partnered with global, regional, and local teams to deliver business assets such as timelines.
• Supervised the activities and performance of field specialists to ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
• Managed both internal and external communication, training, and development needs of service specialists.
• Oversaw manpower and staffing requirements for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
Master of Business Administration
Delaware State University, Ocean View, DE – 2007
“I am a methodical individual who effectively identifies irregularities in business operations and standards designs and proposes changes to ensure increased efficiency of procedures.“
Operations Analyst Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
San Antonio, TX 32111
• 6+ years’ successful track record in managing multi-disciplinary learning and development functions in large complex organizations
• Able to effectively build and sustain positive members-client relationships
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office Applications
• Familiar with a variety of securities, stocks, bonds, and mortgage-backed securities gathered during internships
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Capable of analyzing information using logic to solve work problems
• Manual dexterity and proven ability to read & follow instructions
• Creative Problem Solving
• Technology Implementation
• Media Operations • Data Analysis
• Digital Advertising Technology
• Digital Media Production and Tools
• Social media marketing
• Branding • Online advertising
• Ad exchanges
• Lead the monitoring and reporting of team performance, proactively increasing the efficiency of the operations department at PNC Bank.
• Contributed insights and data analysis skills getting high rewards at HMS.
The PNC Financial Services Group – Pittsburgh, PA
Jan 2021 – Present
• Manage training plans, budgets, and cost
• Lead teams in getting operational work done
• Train, coach, and support team members
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times at work
• Work with focus, under pressure and deadline-oriented project demands
• Handle operational work as well as official documentation
• Work independently to meet company objectives
The PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 2018 – Jan 2021
• Performed analysis of case management data identifying market trends, possible issues & opportunities
• Carried out data mining, validation maintaining data repositories
• Used HMS corporate data platforms for data analysis
• Developed & produced reports (routine and ad hoc)
• Performed root cause analysis on data issues
• Executed analytical, procedural, and information technologies’ diagnostic processes
HMS – Irving, USA
May 2017 – Jun 2018
• Performed duties in accordance with HMS standard operating procedures
• Worked with state-of-the-art systems, high-speed scanning equipment, workstations, and data entry terminals in high production and time-sensitive environment with quality standards.
• Maintained speed and accuracy to produce expedited & streamlined information for customers
Master of Business Administration
University of Maryland – College Park, MD | 2015
• Executive degree with evening sessions
Bachelor of Business Administration
Indiana University Bloomington (Kelley) – Bloomington, IN | 2013
• Double Majors in Human Resources and Operations
• Creative problem solver
• Passionate to achieve professional success
• Can work independently being resourceful
• Proven ability to clearly articulate and communicate well in verbal/written forms
Operations Analyst Job Description for Resume
The following job description statements will help you build the EXPERIENCE section of your resume.
- Identify failings, defects, and deficiencies in operational processes and document required changes and modifications.
- Conduct research to determine market trends and provide feedback to management regarding operational trends in the industry.
- Identify project requirements by analyzing operations and document results.
- Develop solutions by describing problems, studying system capabilities, analyzing alternation resolutions, and writing correlating programs.
- Identify both positive and negative trends and anomalies associated with performances and provide suggestions for changes.
- Design and build analytic tools to assist in the growth and evolution of systems and operations.
- Partner with operations teams to identify workflow automation opportunities and drive software product decisions by ensuring prioritization.
- Develop new business processes and ensure that they are properly documented.
- Provide specialized data reporting and validation of key operational activities.
- Recommend modifications in existing operational processes and develop SOPs for each operational team to follow.
- Automate reporting structures and perform statistical analysis to derive accurate information.
- Work with customer service departments and operations units to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data systems.
- Evaluate market trends and develop procedures to ensure that these are incorporated into the company’s operational systems.
- Interconnect all aspects of the organization and assist operations units in instituting changes.
To work as an operations analyst, one has to possess a degree in business or economics, depending on the exact role that one intends to take up.
Skills and Abilities
A set of business skills, a background in production or commerce, and an awareness of market trends and needs are essential in this work.
The ability to excel in a team environment, strong proficiency in using technology, and solid analytic skills are the basis of working as an operations analyst in any organization.
Furthermore, you will need to be an excellent communicator with a penchant for writing reports and gathering important data to derive suitable information from it.