Improving business processes is the primary responsibility of a business analyst.
Typically, business analysts gather and interpret different types of market data to ensure that any business processes that a company has undertaken are carried out fruitfully.
As a business analyst, you will be responsible for a vast array of duties that are aimed at the operational effectiveness of the business.
You will also track and analyze trends and determine how strategies can be managed to incorporate these trends into a current business plan. You will also be responsible for the quality control and testing procedures of any business plans that are introduced.
Business Analyst Resume Tips
• Identify the needs of the prospective employer through reading the job description.
• Think about your strengths and prove you are the ideal candidate.
• Use bullet sentences to describe your competencies and skills.
• Add power verbs to the descriptive phrases.
• Begin your resume with a summary highlighting your most necessary skills and experience.
• Include only job-relevant information in your resume.
• Select a clear format and layout.
• Focus on your achievements rather than responsibilities in the experience section or by making a separate achievements section.
• Use figures to feature your potential and showcase your relevant capabilities.
See also: Cover Letter for Business Analyst Resume
Business Analyst Resume Sample 1
560 Avalon Blvd • Herndon, VA 54512
Reliably achieving success in long-term business objectives while improving core functionality.
Highly motivated and competent business analyst and advisor with a strong vision for achieving successful outcomes for clients and partners. Intellectually aggressive business expert with proven ability to use and apply standard contemporary principles, theories, and concepts to various business prospects and scenarios with the aim of uplifting the same.
Expert in designing and implementing master outsourcing systems and recommending measures to enhance contract effectiveness. Known for collecting, processing and analyzing data to track project performance and make valuable suggestions for improving overall profitability. Full command over information research and data discrepancy analysis.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|✓ Data Intelligence||✓ Process Improvement||✓ Root Cause Interpretation|
|✓ Asset Management||✓ Project Evaluation||✓ Trend Analysis|
|✓ Business Forecasting||✓ Market Analysis||✓ Data Modeling|
|✓ Product Initiative||✓ Quality Assurance||✓ Metric Development|
TIME WARNER CABLE, Herndon, VA 2010-present
• Reduced operational costs up to 40% through efficient cost-benefit analysis for various ongoing and upcoming projects.
• Tripled the efficiency of a business project worth $50M by leveraging excellent cause analysis and business forecasting strategies.
• Conduct technology usage and process analysis and recommend economical and efficient strategies.
• Identify operational bottlenecks and initiate immediately effective measures to remove the same.
• Develop metrics and conduct project analysis to determine future strategies.
GROUPON, Herndon, VA 2008-2010
• Spearheaded the supply chain team and achieved a 100% smooth operational flow for all significant and profitable ongoing projects within one month of hiring.
• Conducted deep dive analysis and issued valuable recommendations.
• Interpreted key drivers and trends to monitor business performance.
• Developed automated dashboards and metrics to monitor business performance.
MBA – IT Management
HERNDON UNIVERSITY, Herndon, VA, 2008
• Teradata • MySQL • Hive • Tableau
Business Analyst Resume Sample 2
4562 Tracewood Road, Jackson, TN 63799
(000) 999-9999 | [Email]
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) – IIBA
A thorough professional with a keen sense of collaborating with project units to determine scope and vision. Absolute understanding of identifying and establishing scope and parameters of business projects. Solid background in researching to support purchasing efforts and analyzing and verifying requirements for completeness and consistency of standards.
✓ Developed several successful business strategy prototypes based on the company’s customers’ requirements.
✓ Created a series of process models and charts which became a stable base for developers to work on and engendered successful results.
✓ Reigned in a rollercoaster ride of research and strategy development following a strict deadline for business process improvements within each unit of the company.
✓ Successfully created a base for handling project specifications in a systematic and user-friendly language.
Nexteer Automotive, Jackson, TN | June 2008 – Present
• Provide insight into conceptualizing projects and taking them from inception to completion.
• Assist in defining the scope and description of each project.
• Handle project schedules by developing plans and specifications.
• Conduct project meetings and allocate tasks to personnel.
• Manage research activities to determine the type of strategy needed.
• Develop strategic and tactical products and services to support the business unit’s objectives.
• Identify and maximize opportunities to use technology in improving work processes.
• Develop and implement useful reporting tools.
• Devise and perform quality assurance practices and assessments.
Keiwit – Jackson, TN | January 2007 – May 2008
Junior Business Analyst
• Provided technical assistance to the management to ensure improved business processes.
• Developed recommendations for modifications in existing programs or products.
• Liaised between end users and company staff to ensure that excellence in service is provided.
• Developed training materials, user manuals, and service handbooks.
• Assisted in identifying and implementing the system and process improvements.
Tennessee State University, Jackson, TN
Bachelors of Business Administration