Business analyst interns play a vital role in a company’s business analysis procedures and even assist in making recommendations for projects under their care.
An individual working in this position will usually be required to work on several projects at the same time and create reports for all of them. These reports are technically aimed at identifying cost saving opportunities and process improvements.
Working as a business analyst intern will require you to possess a business or technical degree at the very least and possess some knowledge of project management. Since you will be working on multiple projects at the same time, it is also essential to possess business analytic skills and technical report writing acumen.
A wide array of companies hire business analyst interns as the need for data gathering, analyzing and uncovering industry strength is growing with such fierce competition out there.
Business Analyst Intern Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform research tasks with a view to gather data pertaining to industry, company and customer trends
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to uncover competition and industry information
• Assist business analysis teams in gathering and analyzing project requirements and transferring this information to other departments
• Evaluate pertinent data by performing a variety of task analysis and business processes
• Provide support to the business analysis team in preparing business plans and strategies
• Handle a range of project planning and coordination and information system analysis tasks
• Write technical reports and manuals for the benefit of end users
• Perform evaluation on newly set up system resources
• Develop detailed reports on market research initiatives and provide ideas on how this research fits into current projects
• Work with key business group leaders to identify and evaluate upcoming business opportunities
• Assist the marketing department in developing marketing material with a view to support the company’s marketing strategies
• Provide support to the promotional team by organizing and creating awareness programs
• Design workflow charts and write requirements for system changes
• Implement modifications to existing projects in a bid to improve systems
• Assist business analysis teams in monitoring project processes and resolving issues along the way
• Write and publish progress reports, identify project milestones and recommend needed modifications
• Assist the communication department in developing rapport with existing and new customers with a view to increase sales
• Address any data discrepancy issues across all open projects to the management