Before you build your resume, it is important to understand the sections of your resume. The following are standard sections of any resume:
• Contact information
• Objective or summary of qualifications
• Competencies and skills
When you fill out the information in this order, you will be presented with a carefully crafted resume that an employer cannot refuse. Here is a sample for your reference:
Sample Resume for Pilot Position
3610 Bellview Drive
Deatsville, AL 26351
adhal @email . com
❖❖ PILOT ❖❖
• Competent pilot with over 12 years’ progressive experience and 21000+ hours in flying commercial aircraft.
• Track record of creating and implementing flight plans to chart out shortest and safest routes to destinations across the world.
• Hands-on experience in carrying pre-flight checks of aircraft systems to ensure they are in optimal working conditions.
• Qualified to determine flight route information to ensure passenger safety and comfort.
• Demonstrated expertise in liaising with engineers, dispatchers, and cabin crew to ascertain that aircraft is ready to take off.
• Adept at documenting in-flight data and making adjustments to deal with severe or changing weather conditions.
• Commercial Privileges: ASEL
• Type Ratings: CL-65, CE-525
• FAA First Class Medical Certificate
• FCC Radiotelephone Operators Permit
• Cockpit Instrumentation
• Ground Communication
• Flight Planning
• Safety Systems
• Aircraft Maintenance Reviews
• Aircraft Inspection
• Emergency Handling
• Cargo Management
• Record Keeping
• Base Flight Programs
• Jeppesen flight deck
AIR USA, Deatsville, AL
5/2009 to Present
• Look through schedules to determine which flights are to be led for the day and prepare to meet the challenge.
• Map out shortest (and tried) route to local and international destinations by factoring in head/tail winds and weather conditions.
• Perform preflight checks to ensure that the aircraft is in proper working order and is fly-worthy.
• Ensure that the aircraft has been fueled properly and that the cargo/luggage is appropriately loaded.
• Maintain flight schedules and inform ground and cabin crew of any delays.
• Fly plane according to specific training provided, by making appropriate use of controls.
• Announce flight details and landing and take-off announcements over the public address system.
• Keep both passengers and crew members abreast of the progress of the journey or any delays.
• Ascertain the aircraft’s safety during inclement weather conditions or other hazards.
• Assist cabin crew members in calming passengers displaying attacks of anxiety.
• Take control of hostile situations onboard by ensuring that the perpetrator is restrained and that passengers and crew members remain safe.
• Suggested introduction of low-cost flights (with frequent layovers) over long routes to decrease onboard crew members’ incapacitation to work long hauls.
• Reined in an onboard medical emergency by providing immediate CPR to a passenger who had suffered from a heart attack.
• Averted a possible terror attack by promptly responding to a crew member’s discreet call for help from the business class cabin and restrained the offender until the next possible landing opportunity.
• Chosen from 52 other newly trained pilots to work as co-pilot on the new Concord plane’s virgin journey.
ALABAMA AIR, Deatsville, AL
1/2003 to 5/2009
• Assisted in performing pre-flight checks to ensure that everything is in proper working order.
• Oversaw fueling of the aircraft and ensured that luggage is secured correctly.
• Greet passengers onboard and handle public announcements such as take off and touch down.
• Took aircraft control over from the pilot during long hauls to ensure that he or she gets enough rest.
• Handled aircraft controls and ensured that any problems with the aircraft were immediately communicated to the ground staff.
• Checked weather conditions before flights and made changes in autopilot systems according to any visible changes in weather.
Commercial Pilots Licence
Associate Degree in Aviation (Professional Pilots)
ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY, Deatsville, AL – 2000