A regular resume for airline pilot position is never enough to impress a prospective employer. “Regular” they can find anywhere.
Standout resumes, that have much to offer in terms of information is what prospective employers look for.
Here is an example of a standout resume for you to take reference from:
Airline Pilot Resume Sample
4002 Low Road, Hanover, NH 45021
Neil.thomas @ email . com
- Over 7 years of expertise in flying commercial aircraft.
- Expert in timely and accurately obtaining all route, weather and passenger information before flight take off.
- Takes responsibility for the overall safe and efficient operations of assigned aircraft, crew, and passengers.
- First-hand experience in using provided data to create flight plans, detailing altitude of flights and routes to be taken.
- Proficient in briefing cabin crews about safety precautions and maintaining regular contact with them throughout the course of the flight.
- Able to create and maintain effective liaison with air traffic control personnel, before take-off, during the flight, and at landing time.
|✓ Route Mapping||✓ Crew Development|
|✓ Noise Regulation||✓ Navigation Data Interpretation|
|✓ Emergency Handling||✓ Logbook Updates|
|✓ Safety Systems Assurance||✓ Aircraft Systems Monitoring|
|✓ Pre-flight Checks||✓ Instruments Control|
|Grounds Communication||✓ Incident Report Writing|
Atlas Air, Hanover, NH
10/2010 – Present
• Perform checks on the aircraft interior and exterior before considering it ready to fly
• Carry out pre-flight checks of aircraft systems, ensuring that all insurance certificates are in order
• Obtain information regarding route, weather, and passengers to calculate the amount of fuel required
• Create and maintain effective liaison with engineers, dispatchers, and controllers to ensure that flying metrics are taken into account
• Operate controls and instruments to perform aircraft flying duties according to specified protocols
• Ascertain the safety and wellbeing of aircraft crew and passengers at all times, by ensuring that all safety protocols are followed
• Maintain contact with grounds staff to obtain necessary information regarding landing status and limitations
• Write and submit flight reports, highlighting problems or issues with aircraft or flight paths
• Revamped pre-flight checks operations, making the process 55% smoother than before.
• Trained 17 individuals to work as pilots for commercial and private aircraft flying.
Delta Airlines, Hanover, NH
2/2005 – 10/2010
• Assisted pilots in preparing for flights by checking that the aircraft was in order
• Notified pilots of any variations in standard flight operations, and conducted pre-flight inspections
• Maintained current navigation manuals and charts, and prepared weight balance charts for each flight
• Supervised fueling and baggage loading activities, and grounding of power units
• Communicated with cabin crew and air traffic control to obtain necessary information regarding passengers and grounds clearance
Master’s Degree in Aviation
New Hampshire State University, Hanover, NH – 2004