How to Write a Great Resume for Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship Position?
In order to create a diesel mechanic apprenticeship resume that will work, have a look at the following 5 useful tips:
- Logically organize information on your resume so that the employer easily understands it.
- Keep all your descriptions very precise and concise so that the employer knows that you are a direct person
- Using simple and easy-to-read fonts as opposed to using fancy ones – use the former.
- Include as much work experience as possible – if you are applying for an apprenticeship position, volunteer experience or even shop class experience will do.
- Read your resume several times before you consider it complete.
Resumes should be complete in every sense, and that is only possible through high research efforts – both about resume writing and the job description of the Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship position.
Here is one for your reference:
Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship Resume Example
23 Forestdale Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 32589
richbrown @email .com
DIESEL MECHANIC APPRENTICE
A hardworking and extremely driven individual seeking an apprenticeship at ABC Company. Bringing a deep love for “all things mechanic”, and the ability to determine engine condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Exceptional talent for replacing and repairing damaged and malfunctioning parts, thorough post-inspection.
• Adept at interpreting test results using technology such as computers, dials, and gauges.
• Deep insight into using hydraulic machinery to lift large equipment such as vehicles, to make their engines accessible.
• Focused on ensuring quality work by performing test drives to determine any problems or anomalies.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Preventative Maintenance
• Failure Detection
• Routine Inspections
• Repair Identification
• Gas and Electric Welding
• Hydraulic Equipment Use
• Internal Combustion Engines
• Engine Rebuilding
Diesel Mechanic Training
PENN FOSTER COLLEGE, Scranton, PA – 2021
- Diesel Engine Fundamentals
- Hydromechanical Diesel Fuel Injection Systems
- Computerized Truck and Bus Systems Management
- The Basics of Truck Electricity and Electronics
- Charging, Lighting, and Instrumentation Systems
- Steering, Brake and Suspension Systems
- Wheel Alignment
- Drive Shafts and Axles
- Clutches and Standard Transmissions
Mechanics Class Volunteer
BIRMINGHAM HIGH SCHOOL, Birmingham, AL
Jan 2021 – Sep 2021
• Assisted mechanics instructor in teaching engine rewiring and inspecting brake systems.
• Provided support to students regarding diagnosis and repair of problems pertaining to engines.
• Attached test instruments to equipment and interpreted information after reading dials and gauges.
• Instructed students in properly disassembling and overhauling internal combustion engines.
• Taught engine reconditioning and aligning theory, along with operational practices and adjustments.
Diesel Repair Shop Software: Fullbay
MS Office: Word and Excel
Exemplary references available