Significance of a Summary Statement
The first few lines of an administrative assistant resume count. Same like an advertisement, a resume needs to catch the interest of the reader in the first few seconds. That is because hiring managers spend 10-20 seconds to decide whether your resume goes into the ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ pile.
Purpose of a Administrative Assistant Resume Summary Statement
A profile or summary statement is the opening of your resume and has a different purpose. Different from an administrative assistant objective statement, a profile or summary statement states “What I have to offer.” It usually details three to four major skills of the applicant.
How to Write a Winning Resume Summary? 5 Tips
- Write two to five phrases in a bullet form or craft a brief paragraph.
- Label your summary or proﬁle statement professionally such as Summary of Qualiﬁcations, Career Highlights, Professional Summary, or Proﬁle.
- Place your summary section at the top of your resume page.
- Keep the summary or profile statement short and sweet.
- Give a professional yet personalized touch to your statement.
The following examples will guide you further in this regard.
10 Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Summary and Profile Statements
1. Top-performing administrative assistant with a 7-plus-year track record in customer service, record keeping, and general office management. A friendly, positive personality with excellent communication, technology, and problem-solving skills. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
2. Detail-oriented and results-driven Administrative Assistant with a verifiable track record of performing clerical and executive support tasks. Proficient in taking minutes, scheduling appointments, and writing correspondence. Ability to meet deadlines and organize time efficiently.
3. Confident and trustworthy Administrative Assistant with a client-focused demeanour. Strong background in providing administrative and finance support in busy office environments. An expert communicator who is known for multitasking and completing the assigned tasks within the deadline.
4. Proactive and highly skilled Administrative Assistant with three years’ hands-on experience contributing to busy office environments. A team player who works collaboratively, and effectively communicates with all levels of staff and clients. Documented success in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks.
5. Top-performing Administrative Assistant with 5-plus-years background in performing clerical and secretarial tasks. Exceptional communication and customer service acumen. A proven academic and professional achiever who possesses unique problem-solving skills.
6. Experienced and results-oriented Administrative Assistant with the exceptional secretarial, computer, and customer service skills. Special talent for sorting and sending mail, answering phone calls, and managing social media. Recognized for developing positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
7. Highly-motivated, and energetic Administrative Assistant who strives to accomplish all tasks within tight deadlines. Proficient in providing general Support, managing reception area, answering telephones, and scheduling appointments. Performed multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
8. Administrative assistant with 8+ years of successful track record in handling office operations in fast-paced and busy settings. Ability to provide ongoing secretarial and executive support, manage correspondence, maintain office files, handle mail, take minutes of the meeting, and coordinate repairs.
9. A multitalented administrative assistant who is a jack-of-all-trades. Skilled in doing clerical tasks, preparing reports, running errands, arranging and recording meetings, and answering phone calls. Able to multitask in a team-oriented environment. Excellent communication skills and exceptional telephone etiquette.
10. Administrative Assistant, problem solver, and multitasker with over 11 years of experience providing support to office staff and executives. Proficient in mail handling, data entry, clerical work, and computer operations. Dedicated to teamwork, customer service, and professionalism.