Significance of a Summary Statement
The first few lines of an administrative assistant resume count. Same like an advertisement, a resume needs to catch the interest of the reader in the first few seconds. That is because hiring managers spend 10-20 seconds to decide whether your resume goes into the ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ pile.
A profile or summary statement is the opening of your resume and has a different purpose. Different from an administrative assistant objective statement, a profile or summary statement states “What I have to offer.” It usually details three to four major skills of the applicant.
How to Write a Winning Resume Summary? 5 Tips
- Write two to five phrases written in a bullet form or write a brief paragraph.
- Label your summary proﬁle in a professional manner such as Summary of Qualiﬁcations, Career Highlights, Professional Summary, or Proﬁle.
- Place your summary section at the top of your resume page.
- Keep the summary or profile statement short and sweet.
- Give a professional yet personalized touch to your statement.
The following examples will guide you further in this regard.
7 Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Summary / Profile Statements
1. Top-performing administrative professional with a 7-plus-year track record in customer service, record keeping, and general office management. Proficient in providing support to executives, taking minutes, handling appointments and messages, and writing correspondence. Strong background in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. An expert communicator who is known for multitasking and completion of assigned tasks within the deadline. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
2. Proactive and highly skilled Administrative Assistant with three years’ hands-on experience working in busy office environments. A team player who works collaboratively, and effectively communicates with all levels of staff and clients. Documented success in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
3. Top-performing Administrative Assistant with a strong background in performing clerical and secretarial tasks using exceptional communication and customer service acumen. A proven academic and professional achiever who possesses unique computer skills required to assist the executives and organization to achieve its mission.
4. Experienced and results-oriented Administrative Assistant with proven abilities in developing positive relationships with clients and coworkers. Interested in a similar opportunity with a company where exceptional secretarial, computer and customer service skills will be fully utilized.
5. Highly-motivated, and energetic Administrative Assistant who strives to accomplish all tasks within a limited time. Skills include:
- Managing stocks and inventory
- Ordering supplies
- Facilitating event registration
- Maintaining accounting files
- Updating mailing lists
- Supporting other departments
- Providing excellent customer service
6. Administrative assistant with 8+ years of successful track record in handling office operations in a variety of settings. Ability to provide ongoing secretarial and executive support, manage correspondence, maintain office files, handle mail, take minutes of the meeting and coordinate repairs.
7. A multitalented administrative assistant who is a jack-of-all-trades. Skilled in doing clerical tasks, preparing reports, running errands, arranging and recording meetings, and answering phone calls. Able to multitask in a team-oriented environment. Excellent communication skills and exceptional telephone etiquette.