An administrative assistant cover letter is a marketing tool which introduces you and your skills to the prospective employer.
To make an interview-winning cover letter for the administrative assistant position, you should:
• Let the employer know why you are interested in the position.
• Reflect your knowledge of the employer’s needs and the current challenges faced by the prospective company regarding administrative assistance.
• Grab the reader’s interest by mentioning your most relevant qualifications and skills.
• Provide the employer with a list of your quantified accomplishments.
• Draft as a sound sample of your written communication skills.
• Reflect your personality traits that apply to the position which your resume cannot communicate.
The following is a killer cover letter sample for an administrative assistant resume to help you craft your own.
From: Samantha Marshal [Email]
To: [Recipient e-mail address]
Subject: Administrative Assistant matches your exact requirements
Dear Mr. John:
Do you seek an administrative assistant who is:
✓ Detail oriented and multitasker with exceptional attention to detail.
✓ Able to work independently while supporting team initiatives.
✓ Skilled in maintaining calendars, files, documents and correspondence in an organized manner.
I offer 3+ years’ hands-on experience in all aspects of administrative assistance including front desk handling and operating automated interfaces for administrative support. From taking minutes of meetings to office management and making travel arrangements for executives, I am well versed in everything.
Some of my attributes which are most relevant to your job description include:
❖ Expert in typing, correspondence handling, faxing, photocopying, filing and cataloging.
❖ Successful track record of taking notes and dictations, meeting minutes and recording voice instructions for facilitation of the office staff.
❖ Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
❖ Understands and adheres to office policies and procedures
❖ Ability to judge and maintain discretion regarding confidential matters.
I have attached my resume for your perusal and look forward to discussing how I may be able to efficiently contribute to your office in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Please contact me at any time on the number given below.
Last updated on