An administrative assistant cover letter is a self-marketing tool that introduces you and your skills to the prospective employer.
As a matter of fact, a job seeker must send a cover letter along with their resume and other job application documents when applying for an administrative assistant job.
How to Write an Administrative Assistant Cover Letter?
In order to make an interview-winning cover letter for the administrative assistant position, you should:
- Let the employer know why you are interested in working with them.
- Reflect your knowledge of the employer’s needs and the current challenges faced by the prospective company regarding administrative assistance.
- Grab the reader’s interest by mentioning your most relevant qualifications and skills.
- Provide the employer with some of your quantified accomplishments.
- Make it like a sample of your written communication skills.
- Reflect your personality traits that apply to the position which your resume cannot communicate.
The following is a professional cover letter sample for an administrative assistant resume to help you craft your own.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample
March 25, 2019
Mr. John Doe
Dear Mr. Doe:
As a detail-oriented administrative professional with exceptional attention to detail, I am applying for an Administrative Assistant position at ABC Company.
I offer 3+ years of hands-on experience in all aspects of administrative assistance including front desk handling and operating automated systems for administrative support. From taking minutes of meetings to office management and making travel arrangements for executives, I am well versed in everything.
Some of my attributes which are most relevant to your job description include:
❖ Able to work independently while supporting team initiatives.
❖ Skilled in maintaining calendars, files, documents, and correspondence.
❖ Expert in typing, faxing, photocopying, filing and cataloging.
❖ Successful track record of taking notes and dictations, meeting minutes and recording voice instructions.
❖ Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
❖ Thorough understanding of office policies and procedures.
❖ Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
I have attached my resume for your perusal and look forward to discussing how I may be able to efficiently contribute to your office in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter No Experience
- Administrative Assistant Email Cover Letter
- Sample Interview for Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Samples