To build an impressive resume for an accountant position, it is important to present the strongest possible image of yourself as a candidate.
Your resume is actually an advertisement for your candidacy.
It must contain a sense of purpose and focus on your achievements that translate your potential as an accountant.
Your accountant resume is an important official document, stating your professional credentials, therefore, write it wisely.
Good resumes tend to depict relevance among what you have to offer and the demands of the position being sought.
It is therefore very important to read and understand the employer’s job demands thoroughly before attempting to build a resume.
See also: Accountant Resume
Sample Resume for Accountant
76 Hill Side lane, Houston, TX 56333
kevin @ email .com
Industrious professional with extensive experience in preparing, examining, and analyzing financial statements, accounting records to assess precision, unity, and conformance to reporting and legal standards.
• Expert in profit loss sharing account handling and management
• Proven ability to meet strict transaction processing deadlines
• Adept at the analysis of monthly capitalization for fix and fluid assets
• Capable of manual processing of credit card payments
• Proficient in conducting corporate financial statement scrutiny and analysis followed by report issuance
|✔ Taxes computation
✔ Records organization
✔ Business operations
|✔ Tax returns preparation
✔ Account books inspection
✔ Costs reduction
|✔ Payment compliance
✔ Revenues enhancement
✔ Financial assessment
Jigsaw Hardware Co, Houston, TX | July 2012 – Present
• Audit financial summaries in conciliation with the company’s internal and state-issued accounting policies
• Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to the concerned authorities
• Execute and overlook daily cash management issues including funds transfer, balancing, and reconciliation
• Maintain a hard and soft copy of the invoice and transactional record
• Implemented an automated payroll system which reduced labor cost by 40%
• Trained 12 new inductees regarding the company’s policy on accounts handling
HBO, Houston, TX | Apr 2011 – Jun 2012
• Assisted in preparation of the annual budget and strategic financial planning
• Managed and supervised all cash flow and ensured balancing and reconciliation of the same with bank statement at day closing
• Attended and conducted monthly financial meetings for review of accounts
• Carried out GL mapping and coding for effective processing of tax payments
• Reduced the workload in the accounts department by 20% via the introduction of various accounting software including Epicor
• Online P&L balancing and cash flow management
• Digital ledger Reconciliation
• Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and CPA
• MS Office Suite, Oracle and Excel Spreadsheets
Texas University, Houston, TX | 2011