The resume is the perfect way for a hiring manager to identify the best future employee. This means that each tax accountant resume that you write and present needs to be a piece of art.
Take a look at the following resume sample to see how you can write one along the same lines:
Sample Resume for Tax Accountant
188 Homer Road, Seward, AK48373
Highly efficient and experienced tax accountant, with 11+ years of exposure to creating and implementing tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments. Well-versed in creating tax data collection systems, and completing required tax reporting promptly. Demonstrated ability to prepare and update tax provision schedules, negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues, and research and correct process errors.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS TAX ACCOUNTANT
• Devised a unique tax payments tracking system, which proved to be 80% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Successfully implemented a series of tax strategies that aligned perfectly with the company’s business goals.
• Identified five ways in which tax savings could be managed, saving the company a significant amount of money.
• Forecasted tax predictions correctly, for seven years in a row, allowing the company to be prepared for tax payments.
Tax Accountant | 2010 – Present
Micro Focus, Seward, AK
• Devise tax strategies, according to the specifics of the company’s business goals.
• Prepare and file corporate and individual income tax returns on a periodic basis.
• Assist in the calculation of consolidated income tax liabilities for periodic financial statements.
• Monitor and reconcile tax accrual accounts, on a monthly basis.
• Monitor tax rates continuously and ensure that they are updated in the company database.
• Proactively perform tax research, and monitor and implement new tax legislation.
• Advise management about the tax impact of corporate decisions, and provide required recommendations.
• Prepare resale exemption certificates, and provide timely responses to tax notifications.
Tax Accounting Intern | 2007 – 2010
Red Robin Inc., Seward, AK
• Assisted tax accountants in gathering data for tax filing.
• Prepared tax payments, and provided support in estimating and tracking tax returns.
• Organized and updated the company’s tax database, upon instructions from the tax accountant.
• Prepared required paperwork for tax payments and returns.
• Ensured that all tax payments and related documents were filed confidentially.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Alaska State University, Seward, AK – 2006
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS TAX ACCOUNTANT
• Strategy Development
• Tax Filing
• Process Improvement
• Audits Handling
• Reports Review
• Tax Returns Evaluation
• Tax Provision Analysis