Chartered accountants are hired by organizations so that they can offer financial advice, audit company accounts, and provide information about financial records so that business decisions can be made easier. The work of a chartered accountant is certainly not easy, as there is so much insight that one has to develop and elicit when working in this position.
The main areas that chartered accountants work in include financial reporting, tax matters, auditing, corporate finance, forensic accounting, business recovery, and accounting systems and processes.
To be able to work efficiently as a chartered accountant, one has to possess a degree in finance, along with a CPA. Since this work requires an individual to be hands-on with financial work, one has to possess an exceptional grasp of financial matters.
An analytic mind and the ability to resolve problems in a profound manner are extremely important if this is the work that you want to do. In addition to this, you have to be exceptionally talented in handling fraudulent activities and provide insight to the management about how to handle things when fraud does prevail.
Working as a chartered accountant means that you will be putting in extra hours at work and that your work schedule will have to be defined by how much progress you’ve made in the problem assigned to you.
You do not need to be too worried about writing your resume for a chartered accountant if you are aware of all your qualifications and accomplishments.
The only thing that you will need to do is put them into a logical format that agrees with the hiring manager.
The following resume sample will help you understand how to write a winning resume for a chartered accountant position
Chartered Accountant Resume Sample
45 Fathers Pride Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 15582
leehanson @ email . com
Passionate and driven chartered accountant with 12+ years’ track record of success in providing strategic support to maximize the profitability of the company. Demonstrated ability to liaise with businesses and provide well-placed financial information and advice. First-hand experience in effectively reviewing the company’s systems and analyzing possible risk factors.
Worked in different busy settings including public, practice firms, and industry and commerce arenas. Efficiently performed a series of strategized tests to check the financial information and systems of assigned departments. Advised clients on tax planning and other tax-related issues associated with business acquisitions and mergers.
✓ System Reviews ✓ Risk Analysis
✓ Tax Handling ✓ Client Counseling
✓ Business Improvement ✓ Insolvency Assistance
✓ Fraud Prevention ✓ Irregularities Management
✓ Internal Audits ✓ Financial Planning
✓ Forecasting ✓ Terms Negotiation
Secura, Las Vegas, NV
7/2019 – Present
• Review and certify clients’ books of accounts and balance sheets to ensure conformance to financial standards.
• Provide advice on complying with tax regulations and improving core business plans.
• Put in place core financial plans and controls including introducing cash management policies.
• Monitor, review, and report on financial activities as both auditor and advisor.
• Analyze risks posed to the company by reviewing the company’s systems and plans.
• Perform key tests to determine if financial systems and information are properly placed.
• Maintain accounting records and management information according to company policies.
• Detect fraudulent activities and ensure that they are handled in a proficient manner.
Selected Accomplishments & Results
✓ Prevented large-scale fraud from transpiring by recognizing signs of nefarious activities within the accounts department and taking immediate action.
✓ Strategized business improvement plans, resulting in increased revenues through sales
Lightstream Resources, Las Vegas, NV
2/2015 – 7/2019
• Analyzed business performances and provided recommendations on methods to prevent problems.
• Prepared financial data and statements such as profit and loss accounts, budgets, and cash flows.
• Ensured that company spending was in line with approved budgets.
• Recommended cost-saving activities and effective strategies to improve business value.
• Ensured compliance of the company’s systems with established procedures and financial regulations.
Selected Accomplishments & Results
✓ Successfully conducted a series of internal audits, resulting in streamlining financial controls within the company.
✓ Forecasted the need for a merger to ensure business consistency, resulting in ease of transition during the merger time.
Certified Chartered Accountant
Nevada State University, Las Vegas, NV
Chartered Accountant Job Description for Resume
The following is a list of common duties and responsibilities of a chartered accountant. You can use these job description statements in the EXPERIENCE or WORK HISTORY section of your resume.
- Manage financial systems and budgets and undertake financial audits.
- Provide financial advice to clients and the management, ensuring that profitability is maximized.
- Review the company’s financial and business systems and analyze possible risks.
- Execute tests to check financial information and systems, and advise clients on tax planning and issues.
- Maintain accounting records and prepare accounts and management reports for management review.
- Advise clients on business transactions, including mergers and takeovers, and provide counseling on areas regarding business improvement and dealing with solvency issues.
- Create metrics to detect fraudulent activities and take measures to prevent fraud by putting in place core preventative strategies.
- Maintain effective liaison with internal and external auditors and deal with financial irregularities.
- Produce recommendation reports post-auditing to assist the management in making informed business decisions.
- Arrange financial management reports including financial planning and forecasting.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers and vendors, ensuring that the best possible terms are agreed upon.
- Implement financial controls and plans, including the introduction of policies to manage cash flow procedures.
Chartered Accountant Skills for Resume
The following are key skills statements of a chartered accountant. You can use these phrases to build either the SKILLS or QUALIFICATIONS section of your resume.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing business performance through financial data and advising management on methods to adapt to changes and developments.
- Highly skilled in analyzing historical financial data to estimate future costs and revenues.
- Effectively able to recommend cost-saving opportunities and effective strategies to improve all areas of the budget.
- Deep familiarity with reporting on company assets and liabilities, including balance sheet account reconciliations and intangible assets review.
- Exceptionally talented in ensuring compliance with financial regulations to ensure conformity to established protocols.
- Proficient in providing advice on complying with tax legislation and business improvement plans.
- Adept at putting in place financial plans and controls, including policy introduction and cash flow process management.
- Proven ability to monitor, review and report on financial activities, both as part of an auditing team and in the role of an advisor.
- Skilled in advising individual and corporate clients on tax planning issues to minimize their tax liabilities.
- Able to advise clients on business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.