An account representative is an individual who handles a company’s client accounts to ensure provision of consistently excellent services to them.
These individuals may work in any industry that caters to clients’ ongoing service and product needs, including financial and retail settings.
The basic idea behind hiring an account representative is to make sure that clients are serviced on time, and that new prospects are determined and converted into business-giving clients.
A high school diploma or a GED is usually sufficient to work as an account representative. If you have worked in a client-focused environment before, you may be considered a great candidate for the position.
And if you have inbuilt abilities to handle sales work and clients’ problems, you can be sure that the job is yours. Most of the training is provided on the job, since each company has a different set of rules to follow, and of course, the nature of services is different as well.
Not all types of people are hired to work as account representatives. If you have it in you to be service-oriented, can effectively handle cold calling and follow up duties, and are consistent in delivery of quality services, you will be an obvious choice to hire.
Here is a list of some duties that you will be performing in the role of an account representative:
Sample Job Description for Account Representative Resume
• Perform cold calling activities to prospective clients, ensuring that DND (do not disturb) lists are paid respect to
• Provide prospective customers with information on the company’s products and services to develop their interest
• Pass on leads information to the sales team, ensuring that appropriate follow-up is made
• Handle accounts of existing clients by providing them with required information regarding services and products offered by the company
• Collaborate in the development and implementation of account strategies according to company protocols
• Sell services and products, and add value to them by interacting with both established and prospective customers
• Respond to customers’ needs by remaining within the parameters provided by the company
• Create and maintain sales records and generate relevant market reports for the company management
• Monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary outlines and constraints
• Initiate order starts, and work with different departments such as logistics, procurement, engineering and field services to ensure that they are timely filled
• Gather feedback from account holders to gauge their satisfaction with the company’s products and services, and initiate action in cases of complaints
Last updated on