When a hiring manager picks up a resume or a cover letter, his eyes automatically scan for phrases and statements that spell out “skills and abilities”.
The fact that you are a professional is not known to a prospective employer until you put it in a plate and put the plate in front of him.
This can be effectively done by generously placing all your skills and abilities in a dedicated section in a resume. If you want to talk about them in your cover letter, you will need to pick and choose the right statements to get your point across.
One of the major factors that affect situations where you are considered a great catch, is your skills. How well you will be able to handle the work assigned to you once you are hired, and how much your contribution will be, is something that hiring managers want to know in advance.
And since it is up to you to make sure that they have easy access to this information, you have no choice but to show off a little when writing your resume – make that a lot of showing off if you want to actually bag the job of your dreams!
Here are some sample statements that outline an account representatives’ skills and abilities:
Account Representative Skills and Abilities
• Highly experienced in developing effective professional relationships with existing customers, aiming to provide them with the best in services.
• Hands-on experience in prospecting new clients, and converting them into business-providing clients.
• Effectively able to initiate order starts and work with different departments such as procurement and logistics to ensure order filling in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated expertise in professionally responding to clients’ requests for additional product and service information, and ensuring that any issues are resolved immediately.
• Competent in working in collaboration with account managers, clients and operations personnel to manage coordination of product, pricing and credit implementation programs.
• Qualified to train and educate existing clients about new products, programs, rates and company initiatives.
• Proven ability to ensure growth of sales, and identification and development of new prospects to ensure that business goals are met.
• Track record of effectively creating and maintaining sales records and generating correlating market and sales reports for management review purposes.
• Deep familiarity with developing and implementing personal business plans to ensure that personal annual goals are met properly.
• Highly skilled in monitoring expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints.
Last updated on