Beauty therapists are responsible for providing personalized beauty treatment and suggestions to clients of a facility.They offer personal beauty services and have to ensure that they provide suggestions keeping in mind the tact that is needed to discuss sensitive areas. The might be self-employed or work at beauty saloons alike.
Beauty Therapist Resume Tips
● Consider your resume as a self-marketing tool not a career obituary.
● Adapt and adjust the content of your resume to match the requirements of prospective employer.
● Research on the core values and mission of prospective salon or spa before applying for a job. You can get this information from the official website of prospective organization.
● Don’t lie or over-represent your qualifications; ensure there are no inaccuracies or false statements.
● Include a strong and targeted objective statement.
● Include your most important skills, areas of expertise, key accomplishments, and capabilities.
● Ask your friend or relative to check your resume for mistakes.
See also: Beauty Therapist Cover Letter Sample
89 Great Bear Road ● Fulton, NY 99990 ● (910) 909-9229 ● Email
❖❖ BEAUTY THERAPIST ❖❖
SUMMARY: Energetic, personable professional with 8+ years’ extensive experience in beauty therapy arena. Verifiable track record of administering a range of beauty treatments to clients including waxing, manicure/pedicure, gel nails, facials, massage, eye lash extensions and spray tanning. Proficient in providing front house duties and promoting salon products. Special talent for analyzing body and hair type and advising exercise programs and diets. Able to perform front desk and clerical tasks effectively.
LICENSE & MEMBERSHIP
• Esthetician Licensure
• Beauty Therapist Association of New York
|AREAS OF EXPERTISE|
|● Skin care||● Acupressure||● Oriental massage|
|● Facials||● Aromatherapy||● Multivitamin treatment|
|● Waxing||● Masks||● Chemical peels|
AAA Salon – Fulton, NY September 2004 – Present
• Greet clients and patrons as they arrive
• Provide information regarding therapies and sessions
• Encourage cross selling of skin care items
• Cut and style hair
• Perform hair extensions and other related procedures
• Provide body massages and therapeutic procedures
• Provide skin treatments
• Advise clients about individual skin issues and treatments
• Perform cashier duties as and when required
• Introduced a new range of effective hair and skin products to patrons of the salon
• Trained seven new personnel to be classified hair therapists
Diploma for Beauty Specialists – 2001
• American Skin Care Techniques
• Prescriptive Retailing
• Body Therapy
• Proven ability to anticipate and understand clients’ needs
• Able to provide relevant advice to individuals
• Exceptional communication skills
• Client-orientated and can-do attitude