If you have been applying for an instructional aide position for some time without an interview call, may be its time to break the mold and reinvent your resume. Irrespective of the position you are applying for, resumes need to be retouched and updated from time to time these days.
Instructional Aide Resume Tips:
Below are some guidelines that will facilitate you in updating your existing Instructional Aide resume as well as in building a new one:
• Be different and creative. Your resume is the only marketing tool you have for your candidacy. Make sure it is unique and expresses your actual worth.
• A great resume can be your ticket to the dream job you want! Instill enthusiasm and reflect your keenness for the job.
• Instead of writing what you can do, pen what you have been doing in capacity of an instructional aide. This can give an insight of your potential with proof.
Have a look at the following resume samples along with this Instructional Aide Cover Letter in order to make your own resume. Furthermore this resume might also be used for the following job titles:
1. Exam Supervisor
3. Discussion Group Leader
4. Graduate Assistant
6. Postdoctoral Fellow
7. Laboratory Assistant
8. Teaching Assistant
450 Fragrant Ave • Brooklyn , NY 76222 • (003) 222-4444 • lilly @ email . com
INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE ~ 7 YEARS
Performance-driven educational paraprofessional with strong grasp on discipline maintenance and behavioral management. Intellectually aggressive in devising facilitative learning activities based on curriculum. Track record of improvising the prevalent instructional strategies with the aim of enhancing their effectiveness.
• Expert in student progress charting and PTM organization.
• Commendable ability to act as substitute teacher while following the lesson plan to book.
• Proficient in identifying and catering for the psychosocial needs of students.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Curriculum Implementation||– Lesson Planning||– Emotional Development|
|– Activity Development||– Teacher Assistance||– Classroom Management|
|– Parent Communication||– Progress Reporting||– Record Keeping|
|– Homework Coordination||– Attendance Record||– Assignment Checking|
• Transformed the classroom in to a 21st century integrated skills classroom through proactive implementation of technological teaching aids.
• Enhanced the overall performance of students by 70 % through specially scheduled one to one tutoring sessions with students who needed extra time.
• Achieved the most supportive instructional aide award in 2012
HEADSTART, Brooklyn, NY
Instructional Aide, 9/2011 to Present
• Maintain each student’s personal portfolio and progress charts
• Devise supportive learning activities to ensure proper concept building
• Schedule parent teacher meetings and remain in constant communication with the parents and teaching faculty regarding student’s progress.
LITTLE ANGELS, Brooklyn, NY
Teacher’s Assistant, 3/2007 to 8/2011
• Assisted in lesson planning and delivery
• Effectively communicated homework assignment details to students and marked the same
• Updated all bulletin boards regularly
• Supervised the students in break hours and off time
TEACHER’S INSTITUTE OF NEWYORK, Brooklyn, NY, 2007
Associate of Arts in Education
Major: Early Childhood Education
MS Office Applications, Social Media, Email
333 Example Street, Houston TX 52144
(999)-456 7890, [Email Address here]
Objective: Seeking a position as an Instructional Aide with a renowned college utilizing exceptional teaching skills to impart the knowledge in the best way.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent knowledge of working with adult audience in post secondary environment
• Very rational to multicultural student population
• Excellent time management, secretarial and multitasking skills
• Able to work successfully with mature students having learning disabilities
• Having clash resolving and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Computer: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point
Texas Community School, Houston, TX | Summer 2014
• Provide personal care and assistance to students in order to have easy access their education
• Maintained classroom equipment, records and students files to ensure required availability.
• Assisted licensed staff to teach students by applying lesson plans, directorial tests, and instructional activities and by teaching library skills
• Performed clerical duties associated to the instructional assignments to instruct students
• Observed individual students, playground and classroom activities to give safe and positive environment
Master of Science in Sociology | CITY UNIVERSITY, Houston, TX | (Ongoing)
BS in Sociology | CONCORDIA COLLEGE, Houston, TX | 2009