• Be different and creative. Your resume is the only tool to sell your skills. Make sure it is unique and contains information about your relevant skills and experiences.
• Instill enthusiasm and reflect your keenness to perform the job.
• Mention what you can bring in capacity of an instructional aide using your experiences and skills.
Take a look at the following resume samples along and this Instructional Aide Cover Letter in order to make your own resume.
450 Fragrant Ave • Brooklyn , NY 76222 • (003) 222-4444 • lilly @ email . com
INSTRUCTIONAL AIDE ~ 7 YEARS
Summary: Performance-driven educational paraprofessional with strong grasp on discipline maintenance and behavioral management. Intellectually aggressive in devising learning activities based on curriculum. Track record of improvising the prevalent instructional strategies with the aim of enhancing their effectiveness.
• Expert in student progress charting and PTM organization.
• Commendable ability to act as substitute teacher while following the lesson plan to book.
• Proficient in identifying and catering for the psycho-social needs of students.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Curriculum Implementation||– Lesson Planning||– Emotional Development|
|– Activity Development||– Teacher Assistance||– Classroom Management|
|– Parent Communication||– Progress Reporting||– Record Keeping|
|– Homework Coordination||– Attendance Record||– Assignment Checking|
• Transform the classroom in to a 21st century integrated skills classroom through proactive implementation of technological teaching aids
• Enhance the overall performance of students by 70% through one-to-one tutoring sessions with students
• Achieve the most supportive instructional aide award in 2013
• Maintain each student’s personal portfolio and progress charts
• Devise supportive learning activities to ensure proper concept building
• Schedule parent teacher meetings and remain in constant communication with the parents and teaching faculty regarding student’s progress.
• Assisted lead teacher in lesson planning and delivery
• Effectively communicated homework assignment details to students and marked the same
• Updated all bulletin boards regularly
• Supervised the students in break hours and off time
YORK COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Brooklyn, NY – 2007
Associate of Arts in Education
Major: Early Childhood Education
MS Office Applications, Social Media, Email
333 Example Street, Houston TX 52144
(999)-456 7890, [Email Address here]
Objective: Seeking a position as an Instructional Aide with a AA College utilizing exceptional teaching assistance skills to manage the classroom effectively.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent knowledge of working with adult audience in post secondary environment
• Able to deal effectively with multicultural student population
• Excellent time management, secretarial and multitasking skills
• Able to work successfully with mature students having learning disabilities
• Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power point
Texas Community School, Houston, TX | Summer 2014
• Provided personal care and assistance to students
• Maintained classroom equipment, records and students files to ensure timely availability
• Assisted licensed staff to teach students by applying lesson plans, directorial tests, and instructional activities and by teaching library skills
• Performed clerical duties associated to the instructional assignments to instruct students
• Observed individual students, playground and classroom activities to give safe and positive environment
Master of Science in Sociology | CITY UNIVERSITY, Houston, TX | (Ongoing)
BS in Sociology | CONCORDIA COLLEGE, Houston, TX | 2009