A Collections Representative is responsible for contacting overdue accounts by phone, text or email to collect previous outstanding balances. They usually retrieves information from the customer’s database to create a call list and work in MS Excel to identify accounts to call.
A resume for Collections Representative position need to emphasizes on your skills, knowledge and abilities of protecting the accounts receivable assets of the company by maintaining and running a portfolio of accounts in a way to maximize gainful sales and reduce bad debt losses. Highlight your skills in collection of outstanding accounts, researching and assisting in billing reconciliation issues and ability to work alongside the accounting team and helping the account management team.
Look at the following sample in order to get a clear idea about writing your resume.
56 Example Street #98, Kennesaw, GA 52521
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Collections Representative position with ABC Company utilizing relationship building skills and collection experience to increase profitability.
• Three years of collections and customer service experience
• Highly skilled in collecting on Past Due customer accounts, including resolution of discrepancies
• In-depth knowledge of different collection methods and severance process
• A strong desire to continually elevate the performance of the business as a matter of satisfaction
• Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Laws.
• Dedicated and meticulous: Able to exceed both external and internal customer expectations
• Computer: Proficient in using Excel and Great Plains
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
May 2010 – Present
Green Tree – Kennesaw, GA 52147
• Research regarding unsettled account balance that is completely or partially unpaid
• Ensure follow up by mail and phone to insurance carriers or customers on felonious payments
• Investigate customer’s accounts and documents methodically
• Punch all information about collection action of account into billing system
• Resolve inconsistencies and prepare adjustments
• Coordinate collection agency communication
• Answer customer inquiries about account status
• Evaluate claims denied for payment and poorly paid claims
• Verify payment information adjustments to manager
Dec 2008 – May 2010
DriveTime – Richmond, VA
Collector / Collections Representative
• Maintained well-standing of customer accounts
• Initiated all collection activities (telephonic calls, letters and emails)
• Analyzed accounts receivable information to settle on priority
• Produced standard aging reports
• Analyzed receivables information from aging report
• Monitored and collected on historical due amounts
Diploma: ABC HIGH SCHOOL, Richmond, VA – 2008
• Good Communication and customer service skills
• Outstanding skills in relationship building
• Extremely motivated and flexible team contributor
• Proven record of efficiency and continuous development
• Flexible regarding work schedule – overtime, night and weekends